PDA

View Full Version : WTB Pelikan M1000 IB nib unit

sgphoto
May 27th, 2020, 08:02 AM
WTB Pelikan M1000 IB nib unit. I'll need close-up photos and writing samples by that nib.

Thanks.

zaddick
May 27th, 2020, 02:44 PM
that nib was never made unless it maybe was a custom order. 3B was the broadest and long discontinued.

sgphoto
May 27th, 2020, 02:56 PM
that nib was never made unless it maybe was a custom order. 3B was the broadest and long discontinued.

I know. But there have been broads made into italics. That's the reason I want close-up photos and writing samples.

Thanks.

zaddick
May 27th, 2020, 05:22 PM
OK, just a language issue then. Sorry. IB is an actual imprinted nib width vs and B with an Italic grind.

You might be happier if you buy a spare nib and send it to be ground to your preferences. Might even take less time?

sgphoto
May 28th, 2020, 05:58 AM
OK, just a language issue then. Sorry. IB is an actual imprinted nib width vs and B with an Italic grind.

You might be happier if you buy a spare nib and send it to be ground to your preferences. Might even take less time?

I have both a broad and medium nib unit and enjoy the difference between them. I could get an italic grind with one of them and may wind up doing so, but for now, I'd rather find a good used unit that has been ground. Or maybe just get another M1000 and get it ground.

Since a new M1000 can be had for $425.00 adding 50 bucks for an italic grind isn't bad.

Somewhere someone has an M1000 unit with a broad italic they want to sell. I'm hoping to find it at a good price.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Sg