PDA

View Full Version : The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse - A Book

Fermata
June 3rd, 2020, 04:18 AM
This is a book of some simple pen and ink drawings that has turned into a best seller.

I have cheated a little by placing this post within Creative Writing but I think you will enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a4R6shkRcM

https://www.penguin.co.uk/articles/2020/feb/the-boy-the-mole-the-fox-and-the-horse-saved-my-life/

manoeuver
June 3rd, 2020, 04:33 AM
stylish and charming.

migo984
June 3rd, 2020, 05:16 AM
I love this book. I’ve gifted several copies to family and friends and it has always delighted the recipient.

Deb
June 3rd, 2020, 05:16 AM
Those are wonderfully characterful drawings and it's great to see them actually being made. I love to draw and I wish I had that sureness of touch.

Fermata
June 3rd, 2020, 06:05 AM
The fluidity of his pen and ink drawings looks very special to me, really a delight. I understand that many are finding the books to be self-help also, a great little book.

Chrissy
June 3rd, 2020, 09:41 AM
Looks like a wonderful book. :)

Edit: I decided to buy a copy for myself from Amazon. :)

soretailedcat
June 3rd, 2020, 01:33 PM
Thanks for introducing me to this book & author.

I enjoyed both links & ordered a copy; hopefully I will be able to send it along to a friend after reading (but if not I may have to just order more.)

Fermata
June 4th, 2020, 02:17 AM
An interesting man, I like his style which reminds me of both Matisse and the prehistoric cave drawings of horses, just a simple fluid line.

I hope that you can let us know what you think about the book when it arrives STC, I have heard that it is inspirational.

One good line is, aparently:

'What is the greatest waste of time'

'Comparing yourself to any other person'.

Empty_of_Clouds
June 4th, 2020, 02:41 AM
A wonderful book. The art reminds me quite a bit of that of EH Shepard, as the writing does of AA Milne, at least in character, and in a positive way.

Fermata
June 4th, 2020, 05:49 AM
This book has topped the best sellers list for many, many weeks, I am a little bit surprised but certainly pleased that a book which is really just a collection of pen and ink drawings, quite simple drawings at that, together with some thoughts and ideas should have such a strong appeal.

As EoC suggests, there is a harking back to a simpler time with the style of Winnie the Pooh but I think that the target market for this new book is not children, perhaps it is for people who like to remember their childhood days.

penwash
May 11th, 2021, 09:51 AM
How do I miss this?

That style of sketches is absolutely wonderful. It is more powerful than a highly intricate drawings.