PDA

View Full Version : Clubs in New Jersey?

sjpens12
June 10th, 2020, 07:11 PM
I'm from New Jersey and don't know of any fountain pen groups near me. I'm close to Princeton.
Anybody know of any clubs or groups? I'd like to meet like-minded people around here.

penwash
June 10th, 2020, 09:38 PM
I am not aware of any pen clubs in NJ, but I know (virtually) John Greco of GW Pens (gwpens.com) who is a custom pen maker in NJ operating a store. I have suggested for him to host pen meetings at his store.

You may want to contact him.

Wile E Coyote
June 11th, 2020, 05:10 AM
There is (was?). It was never very active, but did meet at least once a year. Last meeting I received notification for was 9/19. Tom Oddo (toddo@goldspot.com) from Goldspot Pens had taken the lead and was sending the invites. There was even a barbecue outside their place a few years ago. Meets mostly in Monmouth county since Tom took the reins. Before that, it was mostly Union county-ish.

From your username, I'll assume you're from Southern NJ. There's a more active Philadelphia Pen Club. They meet a few times a year and have been having virtual (Zoom) meetings during these trying times. The contact there is: Alan Blacker (blackeraj@hotmail.com). Great group, has really interesting presenters at the meetings and has a table at the Philly Pen show every year.

If you're up to it, there's also the Big Apple Pen Club. They too have been doing the Zoom meetings. This is a very active club and meets monthly in NYC. Contact: Tim Ettenheim (bapcemail@gmail.com)

There's also Central Penn Pens (?) meets in the Harrisburg area. I haven't heard of any meetings lately, but another great group with good meetings. Look up Fred Ryder on this site and give him a PM, he was their fearless leader last I was aware.

guyy
June 11th, 2020, 05:51 AM
There’s the Big Apple Pen Club which meets in Manhattan. I know that’s a ways from Princeton, and they haven’t been meeting anyway. There’s a group in Philadelphia, too. I believe they are doing video meetings. In fact, many groups are meeting online and you may be able to join in. There’s no need to be physically proximate.

If all else fails, under normal circumstances, my wife and i get out that way from time to time to visit family. I’m always happy to talk pens.

Frank
June 11th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Philly Club has a virtual Zoom meetup tomorrow night!
They will be talking about Parker51 Pens!

Contact Alan Blacker (as Wile E Coyote mentioned) to get more info!

Regards,
Frank