PDA

View Full Version : CR Gibson Stationery

jacksterp
June 30th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Lately I have been using a box of this paper. It is a nice light cream-colored, laid stationery with matching envelopes.

It handles well; in that the laid character of the stationery does not run the nib up or down while writing. Nor is it too smooth or toothy. The consistentcy of the paper feels just about right. Measuring 6x8", it is a nice size for casual correspondence.
The paper handles ink very well. I have yet to see any evidence of bleed through with any ink - although some show through is evident but not nearly enough to prevent writing on both sides. Feathering with any ink I have tried is only noticeable at severe magnification - even then, essentially non-existent.

The only knock I can give this paper is that the envelopes seem to be a slightly lighter weight than the writing paper itself.

I purchased this through Amazon, but it is available in many B&M stores as well. At approx. $12 US, for 50 sheets and 25 envelopes seems a bargain.

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Stationery-Envelopes-Vanilla-CS81-4/dp/B00422MPIM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372616599&sr=8-1&keywords=cr+gibson+stationery

I can recommend this stationery without reservation. Try it, I think you'll like it.

jbb
June 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Good review. Thanks.

reprieve
June 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks for this review. I've never tried CR Gibson, but I'm going to pick some up in my next Amazon order.