PDA

View Full Version : Nakaya wait time?

WaldenPond
June 29th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Hello. Does anyone know what is the current Nakaya wait time from Nakaya.org? Iguana Sell USA estimates 6-9 months and Nibs.com is limiting orders to current stock (almost gone) or to indefinite back orders. So, if you have a recent (pre-COVID 19) Nakaya purchase to show-and-tell, I am glad to live vicariously through your text and photos. :) Thank you.

teodormircea
June 29th, 2020, 11:50 PM
Hello. Does anyone know what is the current Nakaya wait time from Nakaya.org? Iguana Sell USA estimates 6-9 months and Nibs.com is limiting orders to current stock (almost gone) or to indefinite back orders. So, if you have a recent (pre-COVID 19) Nakaya purchase to show-and-tell, I am glad to live vicariously through your text and photos. :) Thank you.For what type of finish?

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

Linger
June 30th, 2020, 07:44 AM
I enquired after a bamboo woods and got minimum 8 months as reply.

whichwatch
June 30th, 2020, 07:59 AM
I recently received a Dorsal Fin 2 and a Naka ai that had been on back order. I believe I waited something like 1 1/2 years for them to be delivered.

empliau
June 30th, 2020, 09:22 AM
Which DF 2 to add to your shark pod? Inquiring minds want to know....

teodormircea
June 30th, 2020, 12:11 PM
I can produce Urushi Lacquered pens faster than Nakaya and reasonable prices.
PenTeo
penteopens.com

whichwatch
June 30th, 2020, 04:30 PM
Which DF 2 to add to your shark pod? Inquiring minds want to know....

Midori Tamenuri

cj2020
August 28th, 2020, 06:03 PM
I ordered a Milkyway Raden in April and received it in July. Was told that it would be 9 months when I ordered it.

empliau
August 29th, 2020, 08:24 AM
I ordered mine from Nibs in early March (terrible timing, I know). It came about two weeks ago, and there's another of the same model in stock on Nibs dot com. So I think it depends on whether it's a model that they try to carry - mine is the Blue Dragon Naka-ai - or whether it's a true custom.

sworist
August 29th, 2020, 09:00 AM
They are quoting 8 months minimum for custom works I think. As for the stuff they have posted on their site the wait time may be less, but I wouldn't count on it. AFAIK, and other members can comment better probably, urushi finishes take a good couple of months... a basic aka-tamenuri is said to be 1+ months depending on the shape and complexity of the pen. That's not without accounting for the waitlist they have for some of their pens (from what I understand)... so it's a gamble whether your model/color is popular enough they keep producing it and what kind of backlog they have.

Edit: I ordered a custom that is not on there website (but is on nibs as a one off thing) and they quoted me 8-10 months

Linger
September 28th, 2020, 04:31 PM
I also got quoted aprox. 8 months for a pen from the current program, albeit via a retailer.

SIR
September 29th, 2020, 11:25 AM
From my experience - a total sample size of 1/1 - Iguanasell's lead time is an overestimate... but as said, i can only say from one instance of buying.

Why sweat the wait, anyway?

digitalsedition
September 29th, 2020, 11:37 AM
I can produce Urushi Lacquered pens faster than Nakaya and reasonable prices.
PenTeo
penteopens.com

I checked out your site, several beautiful pens you make. I bookmarked it ;)

youkinorn
October 2nd, 2020, 09:42 PM
I ordered a heki-tamenuri piccolo in late July and just received it, so under 2.5 months for me. Assume that has something to do with it being a common shape/finish.