PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with FPN? Inactive Group?

SManZ
July 21st, 2020, 09:54 AM
Prior to finding FPGeeks I tried joining FPN, both the web forum and the FB page.

The web forum requires sending a request, which I did twice and got no response. The FB page asks some really easy challenge questions when signing up and then it requires approval of an admin, which never happened.

Are these dead groups?

guyy
July 21st, 2020, 10:04 AM
I don’t know about Facebook because i’m not on it, but the FPN web forum is active. Apparently less active when it comes to admitting new folks...

carlos.q
July 21st, 2020, 10:09 AM
It's alive but the registration process seems to be a pain...

jar
July 21st, 2020, 12:42 PM
It's alive. It thought I was dead!

SManZ
July 24th, 2020, 06:51 AM
The web forum requires sending a request, which I did twice and got no response.

Are these dead groups?

Smash that blue “Support FPN” button on the bottom of any forum page. Fifty euros often wakes up the owner enough for him to check for messages from the same email address.

Psh, I don't need to get in that bad :p I'd have a hard time justifying a donation to a group that can't even manage new member registrations under the guise of too much spam.

Stands on Feet
July 24th, 2020, 08:27 AM
If I remember correctly, it took about a week from the time I applied until they finally let me in.

tde44
July 24th, 2020, 09:56 AM
Been waiting over 2 months now...like this forum better anyway :bump2:

RobJohnson
July 24th, 2020, 10:08 AM
Anyone know what AWAY means in Group on FPN? it looks like they cannot post.

Fermata
July 24th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Away group means that they have been banned.

RobJohnson
July 24th, 2020, 10:50 AM
How the hell do you get banned from a pen forum?

SManZ
July 24th, 2020, 11:18 AM

Insist that bic makes the greatest pens? :pound:

Intolerable people come in all varieties. There's bound to be a few that like pens :P

carlos.q
July 24th, 2020, 01:37 PM

There is a long thread about this subject somewhere in this forum. Some of the FPG's best contributors have been banned from FPN. Go figure.

TSherbs
July 24th, 2020, 01:46 PM
Are these dead groups?

Far from it. FPN is far more active than this forum.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

sharmon202
July 30th, 2020, 02:29 PM
FPN'rs came here instead and they mostly just want to sell stuff.

NumberSix
July 30th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Last fall, it took me about two months to get into FPN. In December when I was approved, there were a slew of "introduce yourself" posts. The admins must have done several months worth of people. LOL

It just takes patience.

dfo
July 30th, 2020, 04:32 PM

There are so many sellers here that do not participate. That said there are so many of us that came over from FPN and do not fill up the for sale thread.

INeedAFinancialAdvisor
July 30th, 2020, 04:50 PM
Anyone who posts here strictly to sell, i ignore

The situation at fpn is so bad even FPN has a thread about it:
http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/342192-important-validation-of-new-registrations-and-email-accounts/#entry4344459

carlos.q
July 30th, 2020, 04:50 PM

There are so many sellers here that do not participate. That said there are so many of us that came over from FPN and do not fill up the for sale thread.

We also have less threads with the same question: "Is my Montblanc real?" :wink: