PDA

View Full Version : Yafa Ink Cartridge FP ... converter?

magnus919
October 25th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Hello. This is my first post to the forum. I'm a very recent freshly minted fan of FP's and I have a bit of a question.

Last week I picked up a cheap Yafa ink cartridge FP from the local office supply super store for $13. It pales next to the Lamy Safari (charcoal w/ medium nib) that finally arrived via post yesterday, but I'm hoping (perhaps in vain) that it can be made a bit more serviceable by running better ink through it.

My Lamy does have a converter that I bought with it, and I am running some Noodler's bulletproof black ink through it. I'd like to run the same ink through the Yafa pen. Is there such a thing as a converter for this pen?

In the meantime, I have FP #3 on it's way, a Lamy Al-Star (aluminum finish) with EF nib. I'd like a finer nib for sketching purposes. Taking suggestions for FP #4, I want one with a flexible nib to develop more expressive handwriting with, and possibly also for artistic purposes.

Thank you!

dannzeman
October 28th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Do you know the name of pen? As in the model? Also, a picture would help us identify it.

As for FP#4, what's your price range? You can get decent flex for about $15 from Noodler's flex pens or you can spend just shy of $200 for a Namiki Falcon that's absolutely amazing.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

magnus919
October 28th, 2011, 05:46 PM
It was literally labeled "Yafa Ink Cartridge Fountain Pen".

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/128290/Yafa-Ink-Cartridge-Fountain-Pen-Medium/

I think I'm going to be willing to pay up to about $150 for FP #4 with flex nib. If another $50 will give me a religious experience, I might just save up a little longer knowing that I'll forget the pain of paying that much for a pen if it's that good.

dannzeman
October 28th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Check out refillfinder.com to see if you can find the correct converter. I would imagine it takes a standard international size converter (the most common size cartridge/converter).

As for finding a quality flex nib, your best bet is to try and make it to a pen show and test some vintage flex nibs. If you can do this you should be able to find an excellent flex pen for $100-$150.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities