PDA

View Full Version : My Write Space

Tracy Lee
July 2nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
So, I found this fantastic storage for all of my paper stuff today, VERY excited. Since all this goes in the library, I thought I would share some pictures of the space where I write my letters. Forgive the chaos on the table, it is part of the reason I needed a better solution.3794

And with drawers open

And so this is where ink and pens are kept, as well as embossers and the box on the top shelf is full of wax and seals.

So stepping back, this is one side (pen stuff behind these glass doors)

And the other side. Forgive the glare on the glass doors from the window.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tracy Lee
July 2nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
And behind the other glass doors. Stationery is in the boxes disguised as books. All of your wonderful letters are up in the basket, which has popped its cover as a consequence! :-) Misc other items I will be organizing this evening.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thagbert
July 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
It's a lovely space.

KrazyIvan
July 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
That. Is. Awesome. :jaw:

writingrav
July 2nd, 2013, 05:33 PM
Fabulous!

klpeabody
July 2nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us, Tracy Lee! This looks like such a lovely, sunny room to write long letters to friends in.
I cringe at the thought of showing my "write space". LOL.

;-)
kp

Tracy Lee
July 2nd, 2013, 07:02 PM
I LOVE my library, and it was years in the making. IKEA made shelving and lighting super easy and affordable and gives it all a super rich look. There is a big chair at the window, the cats really love that. One of my cats can climb the ladder to snooze on the top shelf. I never seem to have my camera handy when he does, and when I do have it, he won't climb. But its a comforting, quiet room with plenty of light. My little sanctuary.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

reprieve
July 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
What a beautiful space! Thank you for sharing. I love that chest of drawers that looks like stacked books; it's perfect for your library.

Tracy Lee
July 2nd, 2013, 07:19 PM
It is stuffed with stationery now! :-)

cedargirl
July 3rd, 2013, 01:43 AM
Thank you for sharing this, Tracy Lee, it looks very inviting.

Sailor Kenshin
July 3rd, 2013, 06:36 AM
That. Is. Awesome. :jaw:

What KI said!

caribbean_skye
July 7th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Oh wow. Can I come by and just read there? I just love that space.

Sailor Kenshin
July 7th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I really like the idea of the nice round table and four comfy chairs!

*racks brain wondering whether I can adapt something like that*

Tracy Lee
July 7th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Oh wow. Can I come by and just read there? I just love that space.

You are welcome any time! :-)

Heliotrope
July 7th, 2013, 06:16 PM
My library is in storage. I am freeing it one box at a time, and I hope to create a space as comfortable and inviting as you have there. Your pictures are inspiring!:cool:

Bogon07
July 8th, 2013, 07:14 PM
That looks to wonderful, it is so inviting. I wouldn't be able to go to work if I had a library like that.
As Reprieve said "that chest of drawers that looks like stacked books"
:bounce:

And I love the palm tree fabric on your chairs.

I would be truly inspired to do some re-arranging at home if I wasn't so lethargic.

Tracy Lee
July 8th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks, Bogon. The table IS a stack of books. Spines say Jane Eyre and other titles/authors. It has a great feel to it, just perfect. Big fat books so you pull the spine out as the front of the drawer and they are nice, fat, deep drawers. Very pleased. My mom made the chair covers for me, and throw pillows on the big green chair under the window match. The cats firmly believe they are climbing posts so they are now pretty snagged up which is a bummer. :(

Carole
July 15th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Tracy Lee, that is the best stack o' books table I've ever seen! I'm a fan of that style. Did you have this designed for you? (if you don't mind the question) If so, it would be fun to have favorite book titles put on. You could even have themed side tables for different rooms: cookbooks for the kitchen ; pen books for the study; sinister or scary books for the home laboratory. (I guess that last one only applies to Dr. Frankenstein. But still.)

What a wonderful room! Thanks for inviting us! I mean, uh, showing us. :cool:

Pens&Lit
July 15th, 2013, 09:28 PM
That is a beautiful library. Thanks for sharing it with us!

00Photo
July 15th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Now THAT's a library! Kudos!

Tracy Lee
July 16th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Tracy Lee, that is the best stacked-books table I've ever seen! I'm a fan of that style. Did you have this designed for you? (if you don't mind the question) If so, it would be fun to have favorite book titles put on. You could even have themed side tables for different rooms: cookbooks for the kitchen ; pen books for the study; sinister or scary books for the home laboratory. (I guess that last one only applies to Dr. Frankenstein. But still.)

What a wonderful room! Thanks for inviting us! I mean, uh, showing us. :cool:

Actually, I stumbled upon it at Hobby Lobby of all places while looking for something else. It was a "had to have" item (and it was on sale! ). It would be a blast to have them custom made with titles, I totally agree. :)

Judybug
August 18th, 2013, 08:29 AM
What a cool space! I love your book shelf ladder. :)