PDA

View Full Version : New from PA

CrayonAngelss
August 3rd, 2020, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm Emily from central PA (Harrisburg and surrounding.) With FredRydr's guidance, I just got my first fountain pen today, a Sheaffer Vintage, from Ron at Main Street Pens. It's a beauty!

I started postcrossing last summer, and have acquired some penpals via postcrossing and Instagram. Fun community! I really know nothing about pens still, so I'll mostly be lurking and taking in info.

Apart from that, I love rollerblading, music, and food (all of it.)

jar
August 3rd, 2020, 02:16 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. The Sheffer Old Timer family of pens was truly wonderful.

http://www.fototime.com/1C9670DEC2AE483/standard.jpg

Chrissy
August 3rd, 2020, 02:16 PM
Welcome. :)

You can't go wrong with Fred's guidance, nor with Ron at Main Street Pens. :)

CrayonAngelss
August 3rd, 2020, 02:31 PM
Welcome. :)

You can't go wrong with Fred's guidance, nor with Ron at Main Street Pens. :)

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, agreed :)

FredRydr
August 3rd, 2020, 02:46 PM
...I just got my first fountain pen today, a Sheaffer Vintage, from Ron at Main Street Pens. It's a beauty!...
And soon, when it comes to fountain pens, vintage will take on a whole new meaning. Shred the credit cards!

azkid
August 3rd, 2020, 03:52 PM
Cool pen and welcome! Now I have to go lookup post crossing (I know what cross posting is though)

VertOlive
August 3rd, 2020, 04:33 PM
Welcome from Padre I sland, Texas. Nice pen!

Ron Z
August 3rd, 2020, 04:41 PM
I just looked closely at your avatar Fred. Remind me to tell you how I learned that you can't just connect a wire and plug a dry cell battery into the wall to recharge it.

Back to subject. I've had a green Vintage loaded up for the last few weeks. They're really pretty pens.

Morgaine
August 3rd, 2020, 04:51 PM
Hello and welcome. Did you do a photo for the 15th anniversary of Postcrossing? I didn't this time, but did one for a previous anniversary request.

CrayonAngelss
August 3rd, 2020, 05:48 PM
Cool pen and welcome! Now I have to go lookup post crossing (I know what cross posting is though)

Thank you! It's a really cool website where you send and receive postcards from all over the world!

CrayonAngelss
August 3rd, 2020, 05:50 PM
Hello and welcome. Did you do a photo for the 15th anniversary of Postcrossing? I didn't this time, but did one for a previous anniversary request.

Hi! I didn't, but I wanted to look through the photos. I haven't signed in for a few days. I need to write some cards tonight!

CrayonAngelss
August 3rd, 2020, 06:01 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. The Sheffer Old Timer family of pens was truly wonderful.

http://www.fototime.com/1C9670DEC2AE483/standard.jpg

Thank you! Nice pens indeed!

CrayonAngelss
August 3rd, 2020, 06:01 PM
Welcome from Padre I sland, Texas. Nice pen!

Hello and thank you!

azkid
August 3rd, 2020, 11:20 PM

Thank you! It's a really cool website where you send and receive postcards from all over the world!Cool! I just signed up. Looking forward to sending and receiving some postcards!

Morgaine
August 4th, 2020, 01:58 PM
I am very fond of Postcrossing, just not Royal Mail for the postage, which is why I haven't sent many in recent years. I have sent over 2000 postcards through the main site, and won't begin to count what I've sent via their forums.

Wahl
August 7th, 2020, 08:23 AM
Hi Emily :welcome: