PDA

View Full Version : Montblanc 145 Chopin

stevekolt
July 4th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I have a 149 with a fine nib in it's MB stand on my desk. I also have a 146 with a fine nib. I noticed a 145 in my local shop and am about to pull the trigger on one with an extra fine nib. Anyone have a 145 and would like to give me some feedback regarding it's size, and how (un)comfortable it is to use? It will definitely be an extra fine nib. Thanks!

Hmmm...after looking around the web, the salesperson may have misidentified the pen. Does the cap on the Chopin screw on to a threaded barrel to post? Or is that the 114 Mozart?

CS388
July 4th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Yes, I think the Mozart cap screws onto the barrel.
The size is also a give away. It is TINY!
In this section of the forum, mmahany has posted a comparative sizes thread, very useful. Includes a Mozart and Chopin.

145 Chopin is a nice pen, but I found it too thin, compared to the 146 - which I still find the ideal size for my daily writing.
Another drawback was that it didn't compare to the piston fillers for ink capacity and convenience of filling.
However, many people prefer cartridges, so it may be right up your street?

Good luck. And let us know how you get on.

I like mango pudding
July 4th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Screw cap is the145. Pull cap is the 144. The Mozart is the tiny one

mmahany
July 8th, 2013, 09:21 AM
In order of size (modern)

149 (Sometimes referred to as the "Diplomat")- Larger version of the 146. Piston filler, precious resin. Easiest way to decifer it from a 146 is the much larger (taller) cap top.
147- c/c filler, precious resin, almost always comes with a nice leather carrying case, referred to as the "Le Grand Traveler"
146- Same size as 147, but utilizes a piston filling mechanism, screw on cap, precious resin
145 (also known as the Chopin)- Thicker version of the 144, screw on cap, c/c filler, precious resin
144- Snap fit cap, precious resin, c/c filler
114 (also known as the Mozart)- screw on cap, screws on for posting, only entry level Meisterstuck that is made of metal