PDA

View Full Version : Any excuse for a quick photo shoot

Jon Szanto
September 11th, 2020, 09:56 PM
Shout out to pen friend Machinist Paul for the idea - why not? (He was completely over "Flexy Friday") I don't tend to go real wide in my nib choices, nothing beyond a B, but here are a couple I just love and use all the time:

Pelikan M805 "Metal Stripes" with sharp italic grind by Dan Smith (done when purchased)
Aurora Optima 365 (Fall 2015) with another CI grind, this one by wonderman Michael Masuyama.

The inks are Robert Oster Moss and Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black. Have a fat weekend!

https://i.imgur.com/rx0pjtbh.jpg

azkid
September 11th, 2020, 10:28 PM
Gorgeous pens! Great idea. I dig that Moss ink color too. I have a couple fat nib pens I could use for next Friday.

Jon Szanto
September 11th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Gorgeous pens! Great idea. I dig that Moss ink color too. I have a couple fat nib pens I could use for next Friday.

I hadn't written with the Aurora in a couple days and the Moss is a fair bit darker than usual. The nice part is that it has a lot of shading. Honestly? It has been my go-to ink for condolence cards and similar thoughts. It has a lot of character but comes across like you are speaking softly to the person. I like that.

ethernautrix
September 12th, 2020, 02:11 AM
Ooo, the metal stripes is beautiful!

Chrissy
September 12th, 2020, 02:53 AM
Great photo. Thank you. :)

I wish my Aurora Optima 365 had a nib like that rather than the F one that it came with. If it did, I might actually write with it. :(

Cyril
September 28th, 2020, 01:56 PM
Beautiful photo with a double portrait. Perfect colours and very nice lighting
.. and those nibs:faint:

Bisquitlips
November 26th, 2020, 12:15 AM
Nice composition!

Sweet!