PDA

View Full Version : Estie pens and ballpoints

Las Plumas
July 9th, 2013, 02:00 PM
later esties............converter,lever fill ,pump fill and ballpoints.............all NOS!
please share your thoughts.
See you in DC at the Super Pen Show!
enjoy!

jacksterp
July 9th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Very cool. Have never seen a "touchdown" filler from Esterbrook. Like the ball points as well, providing there are refills to be had.

Good score!

Frank
July 17th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Very cool. Have never seen a "touchdown" filler from Esterbrook. Like the ball points as well, providing there are refills to be had.

Good score!

Yes- Great Stuff!

The "plunger" is a Safari model. This model is harder to find as most were cartridge models!
I have this model in grey (was advised not to restore it as they are easy to break- all plastic components).

Frank

Ernst Bitterman
July 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM
The good news is that the plunger isn't reliant on an o-ring, so it usually doesn't need fixing to work, and resacking doesn't threaten the breakable bits.

pajaro
September 13th, 2013, 08:47 PM
I have two of the plunger fill Safaris. They seem to work like a Touchdown, and they are supposed to be long lasting.

I have a ballpoint with a kaput refill. The refills are odd-shaped and there's nothing like them. A very proprietary design.

The M2 is my favorite Esterbrook.

pajaro
December 24th, 2013, 08:57 AM
That pack of ball points is great whether they work or not. That's a great display of Esterbrooks.

Las Plumas
January 19th, 2014, 07:48 PM
thanks for your comments, glad to share my pens/photos.