PDA

View Full Version : Pretty happy with Classic Fountain Pens, Inc.

Sailor Kenshin
July 10th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I had long wanted a Sailor fountain pen with a Zoom nib (the model wasn't very important, but the nib was).

I think I attempted to order one from, oh, three well-known dealers, Amazon included, and each time, I paid for the pen, only to be told it either wasn't in stock or I would be subject to a long wait.

I had also kept an eye on the Classic site, so finally I phoned them. Excellent customer service, talking to people who know and love fountain pens...long story short, I got my 1911-M with gold trim and Zoom nib, and was SO pleased I also ordered a Sapporo with XF nib and rhodium trim, and a Sapporo Mini with rhodium and mighty Music nib!

All pens write great 'outta da box' with ZERO flushing, which is how I always test.

Try them if you need a certain level of attention to your fp needs!

Dohh... Forgot link.

Here. (http://www.nibs.com/)

hari317
July 10th, 2013, 11:23 AM
IMO they are the best in the business.

earthdawn
July 10th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks great to hear.

Everytime I have ever called it has been a pleasure. I agree that they know PENS... and love PENS. If the person who answers does not know the answer they ask someone else in the office to find out.

Plus having John Mottishaw look at your pen before it leaves the store is just an awesome feeling... cause you know your pen will be right.

reprieve
July 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
IMO they are the best in the business.

That is my opinion also. Emphasis added. :)

earthdawn
July 10th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Ohhhhh yea....

And what makes them even better is that they are the only place to buy a NAKAYA in the USA !!!!! :bump2:

Tracy Lee
July 10th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Have not been to this site but I am sure looking now!!! Thanks for posting and for everyone who shared their "endorsement" for dealing with them.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Sailor Kenshin
July 10th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Their 'used' pen section is always worth a look.

Robert
July 10th, 2013, 04:27 PM
I've purchased four (4) pens from Classic Fountain Pens and had John M. put a new broad nib (cut to left oblique) on an old Omas Milord. No one does it better than CFP - - - In fact, they may be *too* good for my wallet - - - - but I keep going back for more!