PDA

View Full Version : Pure Pens

krazyklod
July 10th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Pure Pens is a UK based shop which is part of Niche Pens Limited which also run another shop called Pelikan Pens. Pure pens is run by Ross Adams and a small crew.

First off: My order. I ordered a Noodler's Ahab with a bottle of Noodler's Bulletproof Black ink.

The website is nice and functional, not as modern of streamlined as other sites but it works and works well. They have a wide range of stock from Lamy to TWSBI. Noodler's and TWSBI products are fairly hard to come by in the UK and Pure Pens is the only official UK Dealer. (http://noodlersink.com/dealers/)

So I clicked away, entered in my details and a few seconds later I had my confirmation email. That's when things went downhill. I noticed I accidentally put the old address. I started to panic, it was Friday at 9pm I couldn't call them to change it, I sent an email but there was no guarantee they would check their emails on Monday morning so my package would end up with someone else!
Thankfully, Ross was working late and emailed me back. He was really friendly and also told me when to expect my items.

They were packaged well, the ink box was wrapped in bubble wrap and the envelope also had a bubble wrap interior.

A few days later I was looking for ink with lovely shading for my Ahab and dropped him an email and he gladly made some suggestions. I wouldn't hesitate in asking him for more advice in future.

All in all a pleasant experience and one that I recommend. Now if only they had some TWSBI notebooks...

AndyT
July 10th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Agreed: I've had good experiences with Pure Pens too.

Mod_wolves
July 11th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I like pure pens a lot but the only thing is they do Noodler's ink (which is fantastic) but their selection is very minimal and doesn't change.

Do you know whether it does change at Amy point? I've been spying for the past 6 months and it just hasn't changed.

AndyT
July 11th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I asked them about that just recently and got the following reply:

"At the moment we are still unsure when we will be getting new Noodler’s stock, we spoke to the manufacturer a few months ago and placed an order however he is currently at full capacity and we have been unable to speak to him for some time now for an update on our order, so I am afraid at the moment we do not know when we will be getting replacement stock. I am sorry I cannot be more helpful at this time".

That tallies with what Nathan Tardif's been saying about his workload for a while now, so it's just a matter of waiting to see what happens.

Annie
July 12th, 2013, 12:46 AM
Pure Pens is a UK based shop which is part of Niche Pens Limited which also run another shop called Pelikan Pens. Pure pens is run by Ross Adams and a small crew.

First off: My order. I ordered a Noodler's Ahab with a bottle of Noodler's Bulletproof Black ink.

The website is nice and functional, not as modern of streamlined as other sites but it works and works well. They have a wide range of stock from Lamy to TWSBI. Noodler's and TWSBI products are fairly hard to come by in the UK and Pure Pens is the only official UK Dealer. (http://noodlersink.com/dealers/)

So I clicked away, entered in my details and a few seconds later I had my confirmation email. That's when things went downhill. I noticed I accidentally put the old address. I started to panic, it was Friday at 9pm I couldn't call them to change it, I sent an email but there was no guarantee they would check their emails on Monday morning so my package would end up with someone else!
Thankfully, Ross was working late and emailed me back. He was really friendly and also told me when to expect my items.

They were packaged well, the ink box was wrapped in bubble wrap and the envelope also had a bubble wrap interior.

A few days later I was looking for ink with lovely shading for my Ahab and dropped him an email and he gladly made some suggestions. I wouldn't hesitate in asking him for more advice in future.

All in all a pleasant experience and one that I recommend. Now if only they had some TWSBI notebooks...

Try Cult Pens. Really fast shipping and when I ordered, it was free. http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/TWSBI-Notebooks.html

snedwos
July 12th, 2013, 04:58 AM
The Noodler's ink lineup is quite a bit different form what it was when I bought some in September. The pens seem to be the same selection, although without the ebonite Konrads they had before they were released in the US.

Incidentally, when the Royal Mail lost my TWSBI 540 en route, Ross just sent me another, no questions asked. Sadly, I had to make do with a different colour.

krazyklod
July 20th, 2013, 04:16 AM
AndyT: Thanks for the info!

Annie: I'll give them a try though I usually buy from uk as I hate waiting for the post! ha

krazyklod
July 20th, 2013, 04:31 AM
AndyT: Thanks for the info!

Annie: I'll give them a try though I usually buy from uk as I hate waiting for the post! ha

Ignore that, I just checked and they are a UK shop which is even better. I must have been thinking of another shop...

da vinci
July 20th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Ross is one of the good guys (no affiliation just a very happy customer) :thumb:

cedargirl
July 20th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I've had great service from Niche/pure pens - half way across the world!