PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming US election Nov 3 2020

Scrawler
October 13th, 2020, 01:54 PM
Who is really excited about the up coming election? I am not usually interested and normally would take no notice, but this time I think I will get some treats in and stay up to watch the results come in.

mhosea
October 14th, 2020, 01:42 AM
From Canada maybe “excitement” is possible. Most of us down here probably will not transcend “anxiety”.

Scrawler
October 14th, 2020, 08:58 AM
From Canada maybe “excitement” is possible. Most of us down here probably will not transcend “anxiety”.

It is true I am in the fortunate position of not actually caring about the outcome.

Freddie
October 14th, 2020, 03:59 PM
No Mike Foxtrot Excitement nor any Anxiety......I voted a few weeks ago......
It is what it is...{ of course..usin' in a upbeat interpretation} Come election time I will pull up a chair and see what that Mike Foxtrot is doin'.....
And enjoy the show.................

Fred

Scrawler
October 15th, 2020, 08:50 AM
No Mike Foxtrot Excitement nor any Anxiety......I voted a few weeks ago......
It is what it is...{ of course..usin' in a upbeat interpretation} Come election time I will pull up a chair and see what that Mike Foxtrot is doin'.....
And enjoy the show.................

Fred
I generally vote in advanced ballots as well just to get it out of the way, and pull up a chair on election day itself.

azkid
October 15th, 2020, 02:08 PM
With all the folks voting via mail in / drop off, I suspect we won't have full counts until a few days or weeks after Nov 3.

We've had mail in / drop off voting in Colorado for years now. So, as before, my wife and I will vote and drop off early.

Sphere
October 17th, 2020, 08:25 AM
Many states count mail-in/absentee votes when they are received and certified. Many ballots from military personnel serving overseas will not arrive and be counted until a few days after the election ends. There will be a larger percentage of the votes available for tally than some people expect. But, I agree, it will take a little longer than normal, depending on how close the final vote is.

Ray-VIgo
October 19th, 2020, 10:04 AM
I expect unrest during and afterward.

RobJohnson
October 19th, 2020, 07:47 PM
I expect unrest during and afterward.

That is the trouble with democracy, a substantial number of people will be disappointed that their choice is not supported by a slightly larger number of people.