PDA

View Full Version : NaNoWriMo 2020

guyy
October 20th, 2020, 07:27 PM
Anyone doing it this year?

I have a more coherent concept for a longer work this year. The only issue is getting the alone time to write. Solitude
is harder to come by in this plague year. At least for me.

I imagine i’ll be writing with more or less the same pens as last year: mostly vintage Pelikans & MB broads & obliques with a few Parkers & Sheaffers mixed in. I think i’ll probably work out my King of Pen, too. Inks will be various blue blacks, mostly IGs. I am running low on my favorite bagasse paper, so i have some loose Tomoe River coming in a few days.

Zoe
October 21st, 2020, 05:49 PM
I am doing it this year.

May write some of it with Blackwing pencil and Pilot pens.

Morgaine
October 30th, 2020, 03:05 PM
I keep trying but, I'm guessing I have written more than 50k words in letters in a month than my previous attempts at nanowrimo put together.

guyy
October 31st, 2020, 04:50 PM
I keep trying but, I'm guessing I have written more than 50k words in letters in a month than my previous attempts at nanowrimo put together.

Sounds like an epistolary novel would be right up your alley.

guyy
November 1st, 2020, 07:25 PM
Got started by inking a bunch of pens at 5:30am and putting them to paper. I tend to fall behind pace during the week so i did more than the daily quota. I didn’t quite make it to two days worth, but i like to leave something in the tank for the next day.

My favorite pen from this session was a first year Parker 75 with an italic fine nib. The italic helps with legibility. I also used an MB146G with an OB nib, and of course, blue black ink.

https://imgur.com/a/3ujTBHw

guyy
November 8th, 2020, 05:10 PM
At about 12000 words so far, a little off the pace. My protagonist is illiterate which is proving to be a stylistic challenge. Struggle is good, though. I don’t trust my writing when it’s too easy.

I ran the Parker 75 dry in this morning’s session. I really liked the discipline the italic enforces; it really helps with the legibility. I may have to pick up a couple more italics in broader widths. This one is a fine. I’ve also been using a Montblanc 144G in B quite a bit.

Morgaine
November 9th, 2020, 06:13 AM
0 words

guyy
November 16th, 2020, 06:59 PM
I think i’m bailing. Too much day job stress