PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, Sheaffer Snorkel flat top tube

Paul-H
July 11th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Hi guys

I know this is going to be a tough one but I am in need of a flat top Snokel tube, anyone got one they are willing to sell.

I am in the uk and can pay with PayPal.

Thanks

Paul

Paul-H
July 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Hi Guys

I am still looking for one of these, if anyone has a spare they would like to sell me.

Thanks

Paul

Chi Town
July 30th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I am confused as to what you are looking for? I am fairly comfortable with the Sheaffer Snorkel series of Fountain Pens , but I am unaware of a Flat top in that series? Do you by chance have a picture of the pen that you want?

Thank You,'
Mike

gweddig
July 30th, 2013, 08:12 PM
I think he is looking for a tube for an open nib Snorkel, which has the business end trimmed perpendicular to the tube. The Triumph Snorkel tubes are trimmed at an angle (I am looking for one of these at the moment).

For clarity, Paul normally when we say "flat top" around here it refers to a pen that has a barrel and cap with a flat terminus. I don't believe any of the Snorkels had a flat top.

--greg

Edited to add: if you can't find one on your side of the ocean PM me.

Paul-H
July 31st, 2013, 12:02 AM
Hi

Sorry for any confusion, as Greg said I was after the tube with the square end not the tube with the angled end.

For some reason I thought that might have been obvious as Sheaffer only did two types of snorkel tubes with one being angle cut and the other being straight cut or flat topped.

I didn't think any of the "Flat top" pens where snorkels so don't know why everyone got so confused.

Anyway back on subject, hopefully I have a flat top, square cut open nib snorkel on the way now.

Paul

Paul-H
July 31st, 2013, 04:31 AM
All sorted now, right angled cut snorkel:haha: arrived and installed and pen is working well.

Paul

gweddig
July 31st, 2013, 02:28 PM
All sorted now, right angled cut snorkel:haha: arrived and installed and pen is working well.

Paul

Great news!

cwent2
July 31st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Hi

Sorry for any confusion, as Greg said I was after the tube with the square end not the tube with the angled end.

For some reason I thought that might have been obvious as Sheaffer only did two types of snorkel tubes with one being angle cut and the other being straight cut or flat topped.

I didn't think any of the "Flat top" pens where snorkels so don't know why everyone got so confused.

Anyway back on subject, hopefully I have a flat top, square cut open nib snorkel on the way now.

Paul

Was it from a donor pen - or is there a source of supply for this replacement part for a snorkel?

For information purposes only - I am not in need of a snorkel --- but someday, you never know.
Cw

Paul-H
August 1st, 2013, 01:43 AM
It was sent to me free of charge by a very helpful member on another forum.

Paul