PDA

View Full Version : Is My parker sonnet a fake?

SBC King
November 7th, 2020, 10:35 AM
I bought this sonnet for £42 on discount from amazon UK. the label on the lid gives 1n which seems genuine but the pen feels light-26g with ink. here's the link I bought it from- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015N3R1YQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

proteus
November 7th, 2020, 12:12 PM
Looked at your post - photography and links

Why do you think it is a fake ?

What other Sonnets are you comparing it against ?

Chrissy
November 7th, 2020, 12:17 PM
It looks completely normal to me. No signs of it being a fake at all.

SBC King
November 7th, 2020, 01:15 PM
Not comparing it to other sonnets as this is my first one it's just the box was different from what I'd expected and the low price was suspicious. Yes, it was the stainless steel version, not the 18k gold nib but its still selling for around £100 everywhere else.

proteus
November 7th, 2020, 01:55 PM
Your pen is as mentioned by Chrissy - 100% genuine.

I have assumed that you live in the UK, if you were to walk into WH SMITHS the price would be £110.

Do you actually like your new pen ?

Personally I think these modern Sonnets are impressive Parkers.

What does it write like, in your hand ?

Chrissy
November 7th, 2020, 02:31 PM
It's actually sold by Amazon themselves.
Not a marketplace seller nor fulfilled by Amazon.
The list of all of the different Sonnets is clearly shown and you can choose which one you want.
The Amazon price on some pens can be astonishingly good. Don't knock it. :)

SBC King
November 8th, 2020, 02:47 AM
Thanks for that and the pen writes very well. Made the right choice going for the medium as I feel the fine nib would have been much scratchier. It writes very well in opinion and on smooth paper, it just glides over the page. The nib has got a fair bit of bendiness to it, especially towards the end of the nib, compared to the urban or the im which I find stiffer as the nib is shorter. The pen post very well too.