PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Watford, UK.

Chuchulan
November 14th, 2020, 09:03 AM
Hi, i have recently joined with the hope of sharing some of my pens and thoughts with those interested, however, can anyone explain why i am unable to upload any photo to FPG. I have tried many times but to no avail, any ideas would be welcome, as to discuss a pen a picture is worth a thousand words.......etc. thanks, C.

jar
November 14th, 2020, 09:07 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. You may need to have been a member for some time & post count before being allowed to upload directly. But it the images are hosted on a site somewhere you should be able to link to them.

Wahl
November 14th, 2020, 09:40 AM
:welcome:

Chrissy
November 14th, 2020, 09:45 AM
Welcome. :)

Morgaine
November 14th, 2020, 03:59 PM
Hello and welcome.

Pterodactylus
November 15th, 2020, 07:14 AM
Hi Chuchulan, welcome to FPGeeks.

I would suggest that you host your images on a external (free) picture hoster (e.g. Flickr) and link it afterwards into your post.
Handle it that way you are always in control of your content and use it on whatever site you like (otherwise itˋs in the control of a forum, often with limited space, and restrictions where you can use it).
When choosing a hoster ensure that your images are permanently stored (e.g Imgur deletes content that was not referenced since a while).

FredRydr
November 15th, 2020, 07:56 AM
... can anyone explain why i am unable to upload any photo to FPG...
When you want to reply with photos:

CLICK [Reply]
CLICK [Go Advanced]
Type your reply
Place cursor where you want your photo
CLICK [Manage Attachments]
CLICK [Add Files]
CLICK [Choose Files]
Select your image files first reduced to manageable size (I usually choose 900 x 675)
CLICK [Choose for Upload] (Repeat for each photo file)
CLICK [Insert Inline]
CLICK [Done]

It looks daunting, but it won't be after you post a few photos. You will learn from experience where to place your cursor to place separated photos in a single post.

Podiumlaser
November 15th, 2020, 02:06 PM
Welcome brother

Bisquitlips
November 15th, 2020, 09:21 PM
Glad you are with us!

:welcome:

Chrissy
November 16th, 2020, 02:26 AM
Hi, i have recently joined with the hope of sharing some of my pens and thoughts with those interested, however, can anyone explain why i am unable to upload any photo to FPG. I have tried many times but to no avail, any ideas would be welcome, as to discuss a pen a picture is worth a thousand words.......etc. thanks, C.
Please check out the FAQ button ^^^^ (Line below Forum button) Reading & Posting Messages - Attachments and Images (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s) for the easiest method of attaching an unlimited number of automatically resized images to your posts. They can be edited or deleted at any time and are easily accessed from your User settings button.
There may be a short delay in the ability to post images for brand new members.
It's useful to read the FAQ pages anyway. :)

azkid
November 17th, 2020, 04:12 PM
Welcome!