PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for having me

Notaclue
November 17th, 2020, 10:23 AM
As my name suggests, pens are not my world, sorry, don’t shoot me! I have not a clue at all, but came here in search of info on a pen I inherited, a Parker ellipse, I’ll post a thread about it in due course, but for now, hello from the U.K., not sure where the majority on here are based, but that’s where I am!

SIR
November 17th, 2020, 10:30 AM
welcome!

so... are you interested in continuing with using fountain pens?

jar
November 17th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. IIRC the Ellipse is a pretty recent model and came out around 2000 and only lasted for a year or two before being discontinued. They are certainly unusual if not rare but value will really depend on finding a buyer that wants it; a feat where Parker failed.

Notaclue
November 17th, 2020, 10:39 AM
welcome!

so... are you interested in continuing with using fountain pens?

Thank you, well, yes and no, I do like nice things, I am a sucker for quality and tradition, but writing and pens are sadly not something I have much time or use for, sad as it is to say, the computer is my daily tool of toil and rarely do I need to actually write anything but that said, I could be tempted..... I think had the pen had more of a family connection (explained in my other thread) I’d be more inclined to warm to it.

Notaclue
November 17th, 2020, 10:40 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. IIRC the Ellipse is a pretty recent model and came out around 2000 and only lasted for a year or two before being discontinued. They are certainly unusual if not rare but value will really depend on finding a buyer that wants it; a feat where Parker failed.

Yes from the little id gleaned on t’interweb it seemed they were marmite of the pen world.

Morgaine
November 17th, 2020, 10:44 AM
Hello and welcome. Christmas card season approaches, so maybe test it out on those?

Notaclue
November 17th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Thanks, I’ve never been good at sending cards! One of my worst traits!

Wahl
November 17th, 2020, 12:34 PM
:welcome:

Chrissy
November 17th, 2020, 09:25 PM
Welcome. :)

Bisquitlips
November 18th, 2020, 07:34 PM
Welcome!

Glad you are here!

:welcome:

azkid