PDA

View Full Version : And another new member from the UK

mizgeorge
November 23rd, 2020, 11:15 AM
I'm George (girl with a silly name) and I'm in the Cotswolds - living in the endless restoration project that calls itself a house first built in the 1550s. The main part of the current building dates from the early 1700s, but the civil war armour found in one of the chimneys tells another story.

I am a dedicated FP user - since childhood - and realise that I have recently become slightly obsessed.

My everyday pen is a MB149, with old (I think discontinued) MB turquoise ink, but I'm also enjoying my 80s Papermate Flighter a lot right now. I have a lot of low-end Pilots of various sorts, which I continuously add to as I love being able to keep multiple inks on the go all the time. I also play with dip pens, and occasionally break out my old technical pens and calligraphy nibs.

I am a studio jeweller and also sew and if I ever get any spare time (not much at the moment) I cook and make things from other stuff.

I much prefer forums (especially q&a / review / chat) to other social media and struggle with the whole 'look at me' format. I tend to lurk and I'm hopeless at joining in conversations, and I'm always convinced I'm a thread-killer, but I do read pretty much everything, and will chip in if I have anything to offer!

Thanks for having me

guyy
November 23rd, 2020, 11:53 AM
Welcome from New York City. Glad to have you here.

whych
November 23rd, 2020, 12:19 PM
Welcome from the North.

carlos.q
November 23rd, 2020, 01:04 PM
Receive a warm welcome from sunny Puerto Rico! :welcome:

mizgeorge
November 23rd, 2020, 02:20 PM
Receive a warm welcome from sunny Puerto Rico! :welcome:

Hey Carlos - when I'm not freezing in the UK, my other home is in the eastern Caribbean - nice to meet someone from the same neck of the woods!

jar
November 23rd, 2020, 02:51 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

azkid
November 23rd, 2020, 03:54 PM
Welcome aboard! You don't always have to lurk... There's always the "thread written entirely in fountain pen" which chugs along no matter how disjointed our contributions. :)

Morgaine
November 23rd, 2020, 05:54 PM
Hello and welcome

Malcolm
November 24th, 2020, 01:42 AM
Hello, George. Lurker or not, you are :welcome:

Wahl
November 24th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Hi George :welcome:

Bisquitlips
November 24th, 2020, 06:48 PM
:welcome:

noahs_ark
November 24th, 2020, 08:10 PM
Welcome! Im into fountain pens (obviously), and an amateur jeweler as well, specifically stone setting and lost wax design/casting.

Chrissy
December 1st, 2020, 01:42 AM
Welcome. :)