PDA

View Full Version : Lamy Turquoise - a quick handwritten review.

dneal
December 1st, 2020, 09:17 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't been reviewed here (or if it has, I can't seem to find it).

Yazeh
December 1st, 2020, 09:23 AM
That's for your review... What's your paper?

dneal
December 1st, 2020, 09:32 AM
Tomoe River A5

azkid
December 2nd, 2020, 06:46 PM
I really enjoy this ink. Thanks for the review!

bunyip
December 2nd, 2020, 10:04 PM
I have tried this turquoise in three pens, a Waterman 52 1/2V, Geha 790 and Pelikan M800, all nominally having medium nibs. The Pelikan's wet line was a lighter, more vivid turquoise than the other two, with the Geha looking quite like dneal's sample and the Waterman quite blue. I suspect the Waterman's ebonite feed was still carrying traces of blue or black from a former life. I like the ink, which I understand to be well-reputed as a turquoise option.

ethernautrix
December 3rd, 2020, 03:36 AM
I bought a box of cartridges on a whim a couple of years ago and was pleasantly surprised.

I'm not using any Lamys lately. Hmm...

BoBo Olson
October 18th, 2021, 09:07 AM
13 years ago I bought it as my third ink when I came back to fountain pens....nice but a bit Blaaaaa.
On FPN, there was then just two reviews. In both it shaded!
They were using 90g paper.
I'd been killing the ink using normal 80g copy paper.

I don't know Japanese paper...have 90g Rhoda but understand 80g is just fine for shading. Other than that, 90g paper gives me shading.
It was my first shading ink.
Been chasing shading inks ever since.

Pre-90 W.Germany Lamy ink bottles...before the great modern bottle. It's getting time to open them.
https://i.imgur.com/zpBaRie.jpg

titrisol
November 15th, 2021, 07:14 AM
This is a very interesting ink, bright color, good longevity, and great flow.
It lasted a while in a Safari that I used for a while, but now I'm mnore into black / blue-black inks.