FredRydr
December 4th, 2020, 10:53 AM
@eriquito Thank you!

catbert
December 4th, 2020, 11:16 AM
Hope he's OK.

Detman101
December 4th, 2020, 11:50 AM
I never knew you could leave a whole website on auto-pilot. The church website I administered required, at the least, monthly maintenance and updates.
Technology these days...must be a lot less work than what I put up with years back.

Jon Szanto
December 4th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Fred, take a look at my entry here (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/32886-Member-name?p=310697&viewfull=1#post310697).

Ole Juul
December 4th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Both Fred's and and Jon's links go nowhere. I doubt that was intentional.

Ole Juul
December 4th, 2020, 12:40 PM
I never knew you could leave a whole website on auto-pilot.

You can a website. I have many where that is the case. But this is not a "website", it is a forum. And the answer is that you can't.

Jon Szanto
December 4th, 2020, 12:46 PM

One of two things is happening:

Eric has chosen to intervene and as a first course of action, has deleted the thread on Names; it appears the malicious accounts have been removed or in the process.
The malicious activity has gone up a level to hacking the site and deleting threads.

I'll check back this afternoon. One hopes, if it is the former action, that Eric will at least make a post regarding all of this.

Pterodactylus
December 4th, 2020, 12:53 PM

Eric has chosen to intervene and as a first course of action, has deleted the thread on Names; it appears the malicious accounts have been removed or in the process.
The malicious activity has gone up a level to hacking the site and deleting threads.

I'll check back this afternoon. One hopes, if it is the former action, that Eric will at least make a post regarding all of this.

For sure the first option.
And this is good news. 👍

FredRydr
December 4th, 2020, 01:10 PM
...One of two things is happening:

...2. The malicious activity has gone up a level to hacking the site and deleting threads....
Do you mean Eric is hacking away at the threads (and perhaps at the members), or the site has been hacked by another party?

catbert
December 4th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Either way, some cleanup is happening — the malicious thanks are hidden —*which is good.

Biber
December 4th, 2020, 02:31 PM
Either way, some cleanup is happening — the malicious thanks are hidden —*which is good.

Not all of them (yet). See the thread about pen peace. There's at least 1 still therel

catbert
December 4th, 2020, 03:14 PM

Not all of them (yet). See the thread about pen peace. There's at least 1 still therel

I guess it grew another head ...

Chuck Naill
December 4th, 2020, 03:24 PM
Hopefully those ugly attacks by long term members against each other using the same vulgarity as the offending new member(s) as well as the misogynistic references was also deleted.

Chrissy
December 4th, 2020, 03:29 PM

Fingers crossed it's the former option. :) I darn well hope it is. :)

TSherbs
December 4th, 2020, 03:53 PM
My thanks to whoever reached the owner and initiated these deletions. Let's hope that sanity restored persists for a long time.

Chrissy
December 4th, 2020, 03:57 PM
@eriquito Thank you!
I echo that. :applause:

Ole Juul
December 4th, 2020, 04:01 PM
My thanks to whoever reached the owner and initiated these deletions. Let's hope that sanity restored persists for a long time.

DITTO

Chrissy
December 4th, 2020, 04:26 PM
Let's all hope that sanity remains restored. :)