PDA

View Full Version : Flat top snorkels, how many different types of snorkel did the make

Paul-H
July 15th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Hi guys

I have 3 open nib snorkel pens that all have the flat top snorkel, but all three are slightly different in the way they are made, so was just wondering, how many different types of snorkel tube did Sheaffer make.

Type 1 has a slit running parallel to the tube on the nib side and a second horizontal slit on the opersite side.

Type 2. Has a slit running parallel to the tube on the nib side and a second vertical slit on the opersite side.

Type 3. Has a slit running parallel to the tube on the nib side and no second slit or hole on the opersite side.

Where these te only variations to the flat top tube or where there any other types.

Thanks

Paul

Paul-H
July 17th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Can anyone, help with this.

Paul

Roger W.
July 17th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Paul;

This is really a very esoteric question. Nothing wrong with it but, I'm sure no one has made a study of this question. Repair people likely have seen many varieties and would perhaps be able to comment but, I'm sure none of them have made a study of it as well. So, honestly, its one of those questions that I don't think you find much help with.

Roger W.

HughC
July 17th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Do you have a gold one? That would make another if you don't. I doubt there would be any variations with the gold one as it was a very short run. Given the model had a decent run no surprise the tube design was "tweeked" over time.

Regards
Hugh

JuicyJones
October 6th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Did you check PenHero? I didn't see any direct information there, but you could definitely email to ask. I have seen a few of these around and I believe that the open nibs all had flattened tubes and the triumph and PFM nibs had the angled cut tubes. The actual ends vary but on mine here there is just an indented ring below the top. The Triumph nibs have slots in them running parallel to the length of the shaft.

http://www.penhero.com/PenGallery/Sheaffer/SheafferSnorkel.htm