PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Texas

Deano
July 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
I've been lurking a few weeks and decided to join the fun. I am brand new to fountain pens. I've always enjoyed writing instruments, but do to a very unfortunate incident with my Mom's pen fifty-two years ago, I have shied away from those scary ink bottles! About a month ago I finished reading a book on my iPad and it had a link to the author's blog. He had a few words about how he liked the Pilot Metropolitan for a sub $20 pen. How could I go wrong? Even if I ruined another shirt, pants, and desk, I'd still have less than $200 invested. So I have the Pilot Metro, a Lamy Safari, and a Pilot Vanishing Point. I got my wife a Pilot Metro, and now she is enjoying fountain pens too. I'm enjoying my pens, although the Pilot VP is causing flashbacks because it leaks (another post for another time)!

I hope to spend many more enjoyable hours here with you all.

writingrav
July 15th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge. Metropolitans are are great starters.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

thagbert
July 15th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the fold from another Texan!

Anyone is free to correct me, but I believe Texans may be the largest single contingent on FP Geeks!

Robert
July 15th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Welcome, Deano. In what part of Texas do you live? There do seem to be plenty Texans on FPG.

Tracy Lee
July 15th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Hi Deano and welcome! Nice to have you here. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Deano
July 15th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I live in Grapevine, TX.

cwent2
July 15th, 2013, 05:36 PM
:welcome: to the obsessio.....er, Hobby

caleath
July 15th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the club....another Texas boy here!

ransky
July 15th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Welcome from another Texan. Have fun and enjoy. Stay out of the heat!

fountainpenkid
July 16th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Welcome!

Jeph
July 16th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the fold from another Texan!

Anyone is free to correct me, but I believe Texans may be the largest single contingent on FP Geeks!

Even if they are not, they will say that they are!

From a thought to 4 pens, and pretty good choices to start. You should probably start looking for storage options as it is a silppery slope from here.

Welcome

KrazyIvan
July 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
:welcome: to the forum and :welcome: to the Dark Side from Far West Texas.

tarheel1
July 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Welcome from central Texas. Being in grapevine you have access to several shops in the dfw area as well as the Dallas pen show. I miss being in that area.

Greg Minuskin
July 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Welcome!

You will find the folks here at the FP Geeks a great bunch of pen people, and fun too! If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

caribbean_skye
July 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Welcome welcome. Central TX here also.... Hope that means we'll see you at the Dallas Pen Show later on this year.