PDA

View Full Version : Donate to help Folks in Need and Get This NOS Rotring 1928

dougb1426
December 17th, 2020, 02:23 PM
Here's a chance for you to help folks in need and acquire a rare and beautiful pen that rarely shows up on the market. I had initially listed this pen for sale, but with so many people in need of food and other help during these times, I'd like to see us, as pen people, donate the proceeds to an organization that is directly helping families and individuals facing dire situations. So I am offering this pen up for a donation of $450, (or more, if you're willing) to one of the following organizations:

The Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina, or

Urban Ministries of Wake County (North Carolina)

Here is how this would work: email me: doug1808@gmail.com or send me a PM to let me know you want to make the donation and amount. I will send you the contact info for these two organizations and put the pen on hold for you. Make your donation online to the organization and email me your confirmation. I will then send the pen to you via insured, Priority mail (CONUS only). I did a similar thing some years ago in memory of Dennis Bowden, and it worked very well. I hope this will do the same.

To commemorate its 70th anniversary, Rotring collaborated with Visconti in 1998 to produce the Rotring 1928 limited edition. This is a large pen, made from celluloid in green checked marble. Outer box, wooden display box, drawstring bag, booklet are included, as is the rapidograph –style needle point, which is interchangeable with the fountain pen nib section. Mint/un-inked. Limited Edition: 0476/1928.

Several photos are attached.

Linkinyeah
December 17th, 2020, 06:31 PM
Beautiful looking pen and sounds like it's donation will go to help people in need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaumburg_Swan
December 17th, 2020, 09:32 PM
Wow, didn't know Rotring made such nice pens!

Enjoy
jens

chaunceytoben
December 17th, 2020, 11:42 PM
Hello, this is a pen I have been after for some time so I have been following your posts but with COVID I haven't exactly had it in my budget. However, if the money will be going to those more in need, perhaps I can make it work. Will PM you.

comixfan
December 18th, 2020, 07:10 AM
This is wonderful! GLWS!

dougb1426
December 18th, 2020, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone, the donation has been made to Urban Ministries and the pen is about to depart to its new owner here on FPG.

mizgeorge
December 18th, 2020, 08:53 PM
What a very nice thing to do. I applaud you. :applause:

amk
December 19th, 2020, 04:30 AM
What a fantastic idea. Really heartwarming to see our little community making a difference.