PDA

View Full Version : Birthday and Christmas gift

Cremator
December 26th, 2020, 03:21 AM
5803958039 well this is what I got this year it came from a uk retailer but one thing I notice is under the metal clip it says made in Germany metal but there is not the word pix on it. it can’t be fake can it also there seems to be an extra number on the serial number on the cap but in the service book that came with it there is one number missing the number as been hand written in the book.it cam from wheelers luxury gifts in Leicestershire any help please panicking a bit now it’s not real thank you.

Chrissy
December 26th, 2020, 04:40 AM
It's real. There are many differences between whether or not some pens come with pix or not and serial numbers might be transposed inaccurately.
Have no fear about Wheeler's Luxury Gifts. They only sell authentic stuff. I've bought loads of items from them over the years.

Cremator
December 26th, 2020, 04:48 AM
Hi Chrissy oh thank you made my Christmas well and the pen thank you is there a way of telling year it was made.

Chrissy
December 26th, 2020, 06:02 AM
Hi Chrissy oh thank you made my Christmas well and the pen thank you is there a way of telling year it was made.
Sadly no.

Cremator
December 26th, 2020, 06:16 AM
Oh well one more thing what would be the best matching roller ball pen to the 149

Chrissy
December 26th, 2020, 08:04 AM
That would have to be the 146 or Le Grand size RB.

Cremator
December 26th, 2020, 08:37 AM
Hi Chrissy thank you for all your help that’s great

Barry B. Gabay
December 28th, 2020, 11:29 AM
Congratulations! What a wonderful Christmas & birthday gift. As Chrissy says, its year of production can not be determined, but you can narrow the date. You have a platinum-trim 149; it was made sometime in 2015 or thereafter. The platinum 149s arrived in the US in late 2015. Not sure when they were introduced in UK. So your new and magnificent fountain pen is relatively young. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Happy early New Year!

Chrissy
December 29th, 2020, 12:47 AM
Wheeler's might have a record of when they bought this particular pen.

Cremator
December 29th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Hi ok may give them a call

Cremator
December 29th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Hi Barry thank you just started using it today think it will take a bit of time as it is bigger than my duofold lol

Barry B. Gabay
December 30th, 2020, 11:30 AM
It's a beauty, Cremator. I had a platinum 149 with EF or very narrow F nib. Purchased it used, but in the box with warranty. Very lightly used. I wrote with it several times and sold it a few months later. Regret that now, but there are others out there just waiting. Enjoy your new and very lovely gift. Stay healthy.