PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Suffolk, UK

MarcoA64
January 1st, 2021, 04:33 AM
Happy New Year everyone!!! Hope everyone is well and keeping safe. I'm Italian but have relocated to England in 2014 although I have been commuting with UK from 1999
I've been using fp since 1989 while I was doing my military service. I still recall my Captain telling me off for using purple ink in the daily journal. I now have around 30 pens, some vintage bought by me in pen shops, others in antique shops and other new online. I distrust ebay and online sellers though as the few vintage online acquisitions have been very disappointing. Good day everyone

Chrissy
January 1st, 2021, 04:35 AM
Welcome and Happy New Year to you too. :) From tier 4. :(

guyy
January 1st, 2021, 07:25 AM
Welcome aboard.

jar
January 1st, 2021, 08:09 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

Morgaine
January 1st, 2021, 08:10 AM
Hello and welcome. Suffolk has a lovely pen/ink shop called The Writing Desk. They are in Bury St. Edmunds. Around the corner from them is an auction house. Saw some pens in an auction there when I visited (also stamps, and some bizarre things....), and bought a nice letter rack.

mizgeorge
January 1st, 2021, 10:47 AM
And welcome from another very new member (though long timer lurker)
Happy New Year :)

MarcoA64
January 1st, 2021, 01:27 PM
Hi Morgaine, The Awriting Desk is the shop I buy stuff from as I can go and collect items myself. I brought my Snorkel Admiral that had been unusable for more than 16 years to him to see if it could be fixed. He sent it to someone and it was returned perfectly working. Very happy for the service I keep getting from Martin and his wife.

mizgeorge
January 1st, 2021, 04:57 PM
You're very lucky to be so close to a real b&m store rather than having to rely on a monitor. Though the temptation could be too much for me, so it's probably for the best!

Morgaine
January 1st, 2021, 06:36 PM
I was expecting to get to TWD in November, but as well, I didn't get to go that way due to the year.., anyway, so I did an online order, for a huge wad of Clairefontaine, even though I still have a pad from my visit in March. I also would have liked to have visited the auction house round the corner from them again! Lots of fun. Even just seeing the various stuff (there have been pens in the auction).... Maybe this year... and if I do... look out for someone in a cafe (the bigger Greggs, or the cafe up the hill from bus station...) writing letters...

Wahl
January 2nd, 2021, 10:01 AM
:welcome:

Malcolm
January 3rd, 2021, 04:55 AM
Happy New Year, Marco. :welcome: