PDA

View Full Version : Esterbrook Re-New Point Chart

wingwiper
January 4th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Have not seen this one before.............?

https://i.imgur.com/81B8zVn.jpg

penwash
January 4th, 2021, 09:32 PM
I think it's interesting that some of them looks like they came out of the same tool that made their dip nibs :)

Jon Szanto
January 4th, 2021, 09:36 PM
I think it's interesting that some of them looks like they came out of the same tool that made their dip nibs :)

Indeed - I have a couple of the 2442 that give that impression, as if a dip nib was just jammed in. I'll have to take a closer look one day.

Chrissy
January 5th, 2021, 08:07 AM
I've not seen this before either. It's good to have a record of what numbers match what nibs. :)

Ole Juul
January 5th, 2021, 08:47 AM
This is a useful list too.
Re-New-Points (http://www.esterbrook.net/nibs.shtml)

corgicoupe
January 5th, 2021, 03:14 PM
The 2048 does, in fact, resemble the dip pen, but the 9048 does not. Interestingly, I don't believe there is a 9442 nib, only the 2442. The 2314 comes in -F, -M, & -B, as does the 9314 series. The 9128 is a semi-flexible EF to F nib, but I discovered that the one with 9128 along the axis of the pen is significantly more flexible than the one with 9128 across the width of the nib. From the looks of the feeds on my two nibs, I believe the former is a later model of both feed and nib--the feed has a hole like that on a Sheaffer Touchdown; or like a Snorkel without the tube.

pajaro
January 6th, 2021, 06:40 PM
The 2048 does, in fact, resemble the dip pen, but the 9048 does not. Interestingly, I don't believe there is a 9442 nib, only the 2442. The 2314 comes in -F, -M, & -B, as does the 9314 series. The 9128 is a semi-flexible EF to F nib, but I discovered that the one with 9128 along the axis of the pen is significantly more flexible than the one with 9128 across the width of the nib. From the looks of the feeds on my two nibs, I believe the former is a later model of both feed and nib--the feed has a hole like that on a Sheaffer Touchdown; or like a Snorkel without the tube.

It must be today's National Capitol insurrection by Trumpistas, el Senor Presidente, that discombobulated me but I was a bit mixed up by the order of presentation of the 9128 types until I settled down a bit and went and looked at mine and thought about it. I haven't done much with these pens lately, apparently.

corgicoupe
January 7th, 2021, 03:59 PM

It must be today's National Capitol insurrection by Trumpistas, el Senor Presidente, that discombobulated me but I was a bit mixed up by the order of presentation of the 9128 types until I settled down a bit and went and looked at mine and thought about it. I haven't done much with these pens lately, apparently.

I would be interested in what you discover, Paul. I have a test sample of only two nibs. I bought a pen with the 9128 nib and the seller sent me the second one gratis because he didn't like the way they wrote [for him].