PDA

View Full Version : Help another Pen Collector out and flag this Craigslist Post.

mmahany
July 17th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I went to buy this pen in person yesterday and when I got there it was obviously not the same pen as the pictures. I told the seller that it was a replica, and showed him why. I asked him to take down the listing and he didn't believe me so I want to make sure no one gets scammed.

If you guys would please help me flag this post I would appreciate it. I know this may sound silly, but I really try and do my part to make sure people don't buy fake/replica pens.

Reasons why it was fake:
-Serial number placement in the wrong spot- In the picture it is correctly placed on the cap ring. In person it was on the side of the clip
-There was no "pix" under the clip. While I realize some Meisterstuck pens did not have "pix" under the clip (somewhere around 1995-1997), all authentic Starwalkers do.

Again, this may be silly, but I work hard for my money and I'm sure everyone else does too. If a few of you could flag the post and help me get it taken down I think we'd be doing any potential buyers a favor.

The original post:
http://austin.craigslist.org/jwl/3940295943.html