PDA

View Full Version : Introduction/Video Review of the TWSBI Vac 700

DrChumley
July 18th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to the forums, so I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been a FP fan(atic) for about six months, buying my first pen back in February of this year. Since then...well...let's just say that it's probably a good thing I'm single, otherwise I would have a very unhappy significant other. :redface:

Brian and Stephen's videos got me into (addicted to) fountain pens early in my FP journey, and ever since then, I've wanted to start doing some reviews of my own as well. So, about a month ago, I finally started up a YouTube channel and blog, and started posting my video reviews of the pens I've been buying. I read elsewhere on the forum that FPG is actually okay with people posting links to blogs or videos on the forum, so I thought I'd post my latest video review here. If I'm doing something against the rules, please blast the thread to smithereens and reprimand me, and I'll never do it again!

So, here's my latest video review of the TWSBI Vac 700: http://penhabit.com/2013/07/18/pen-review-twsbi-vac-700/

In general, I have really enjoyed the Vac 700 quite a bit. I had a bit of a saga (explained in the video) with my first nib being exceptionally dry, and an unfortunate attempt to adjust the nib in order to increase wetness. Thank goodness for the swapable nib units on this one. I still find that it is a bit more on the dry side than I typically like, but I love being able to swap out the nibs, I love the ink capacity, and I really like the filling mechanism.

Thanks, and I look forward to becoming a more regular participant here on the forums!

Matt