PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Vancouver, Canada!

Maja
December 28th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Hello fellow fountain pen geeks! :D

Just wanted to say "hi" and to compliment the owners/admins of FPGeeks.com on the revamped website.
I am also on FPN and post under the same username, and have been on Pentrace for several years as well.

I am the unofficial head of the Vancouver Pen Club in Vancouver, BC, Canada (http://www.vancouverpenclub.com/) and I like pens of all types--vintage and modern--- with a special preference/fondness for vintage Sheaffers and some Parkers and modern pens like Pelikan, Lamy, Retro 51 and pens made by Think, which is an off-shoot of Krone that makes colourful, inexpensive pens. My first fountain pen was bought when I was in grade 6--a red Sheaffer "No Nonsense" fountain pen that I still own and use. The next FP purchases were a Pelikan P10 plastic school pen bought in Vienna in 1993 and then a green marbled M200 bought in 2001 (or was it 2002 ??) with its odd little OB nib. Over the years, my collection has grown, thanks mostly to eBay and the pen boards.

dannzeman
December 29th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Welcome, Maja! We're glad to have you here. Thanks for sharing a bit of history with us.

Maja
December 29th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks, Dan. I hope more members share stories about their first fountain pen (or how they got into the FP hobby) with us; I always found that interesting :)

Tracy Lee
January 7th, 2012, 08:23 PM
My first foray into fountains was an emerald green Waterman Hemisphere. Still in my collection. I recall thinking bottled ink and converters were unusable, and now I don't ever buy cartridges. :) Tried some Aurora after that, and spent many years trying different types and brands. But I never did go back to any other type of pen. I am even a little sad for the years I was afraid to try and searched for other usable pens. I cannot imagine life without my fountains. :eek:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk