PDA

View Full Version : Also from Connecticut. Hello.

Kaputnik
December 31st, 2011, 07:38 AM
Another member here from Connecticut. If you live in New York City, this is "the country". If you live here, there are too many people driving through.:)

I'm in my fifties, but have only been using fountain pens for several months, using little else at home, and using them most of the time at work. I've found several low end models that I like, Waterman Kultur, Lamy AL-Star, and Noodler's Ebonite for example. I've quickly reached a point of having all that I want, except for replenishing inks as needed.

Still, there are a lot of things about fountain pens that interest me, and this looks like a good site for information. I belong to a couple of other forums, and doubt if I'll have much to contribute here, but may ask a question from time to time.

Happy 2012 everybody!

Kaputnik
December 30th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Hey, I found my original introductory post from 2 years ago!

I return as a refugee from FPN. Not that I had any problems there, but it's down and I don't know when it will be fixed.

And this is a nice place. I don't know why I haven't come here more often, except that, belonging to a couple of FP forums already, it seemed like overload.

Anyway, hello again for the second time.

85AKbN
December 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM
:welcome:, again! :jester:

caribbean_skye
December 30th, 2013, 04:53 PM
re-welcome, welcome

cwent2
December 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM
:welcome:

VertOlive
December 30th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Welcome--thought I'd seen you around...!

fpquest
December 30th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Welcome back, from another Connecticution. :wave:

klpeabody
December 30th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Welcome, from another Connecticutter. =)

Jon Szanto
January 2nd, 2014, 11:19 PM
Dear Kaputnik,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

P.S. I know you've been here for a bit, but I'm playing catch-up with welcoming people!

TMac
January 3rd, 2014, 11:48 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

KrazyIvan
January 3rd, 2014, 11:48 AM
:welcome: to the Dark Side! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

MechanicalAnalogy
January 4th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Welcome!

Being in Connecticut, I'm wondering if we should team up to crash the next pen show? The more the merrier. And I should probably be creating a new thread somewhere else, instead of derailing yours. :confused:

Jeph
January 4th, 2014, 10:32 AM

Adhizen
January 4th, 2014, 01:00 PM
:welcome: I'm an ex-Connecticutian now living in Vermont...

heath
January 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM