PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from yet another New Englander

wishthen
February 18th, 2021, 06:48 AM
Hi all, just found this forum (surprised it took so long!) I've been a writing/pen enthusiast since I was high school student in the late 80's thanks to a calligraphy class I took. I picked up a couple of FPs when I'd see them out and about but been reintroduced just within the last couple of years after discovering so many collectors online!
So, I've been bitten by the bug...but haven't progressed too deep into the rabbit hole (yet!)
I've got the basic beginner pens (Lamy Safari, Pilot Metro etc) bunches of cheap Japanese stuff and several vintage Sheaffer and various vintage mini pens, mostly killer deals I snatched online from unsuspecting sellers lol Currently looking to find my obsession, experiment with different nib types, and identify what will be my grail pen without spending my kids inheritance!!

jbb
February 18th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Welcome!!! Don't worry about the kids.... they can sell the pens. :)

jar
February 18th, 2021, 07:00 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Sell the kids before they get to teenage and start depreciating.

mizgeorge
February 18th, 2021, 07:22 AM
Hello and welcome :)

Chrissy
February 18th, 2021, 07:26 AM
Welcome. :)

wishthen
February 18th, 2021, 08:31 AM
Welcome!!! Don't worry about the kids.... they can sell the pens. :)

Ooh!! I hadn't thought of that perspective/excuse!! Thanks so much!!

wishthen
February 18th, 2021, 08:38 AM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Sell the kids before they get to teenage and start depreciating.

I have tried that at one point, but it didn't catch on unfortunately!! And now, it's too late I'm afraid...of the 5 kids, I've only one left who I can still claim on my taxes. I am grateful to have had a good couple of decades where they provided some nice deductions though!
And like Jbb said: I can always leave tons of expensive pens for them to fight over in my will. (I may be in some trouble now with that new justification, but I might just use it anyway!!)

Malcolm
February 19th, 2021, 03:21 AM
Hello wishthen, and :welcome:

Wahl
February 19th, 2021, 01:21 PM
:welcome:

Bisquitlips
February 21st, 2021, 12:41 AM
Welcome! Glad you are with us!

:welcome: