PDA

View Full Version : Sheaffer Customer Service

Dmarcus48
July 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hi Guys,
Long time collector, never posted before. My interest in the hobby comes and goes, and right now it's on! I just wanted to share an experience I just had with Sheaffer Customer Service. As I recently got back into pens, I decided to go through my collection and send back a couple of pens that needed some service (for a long time) in. One of the pens is a Sheaffer Legacy with a stub nib. I have other Legacy's (that I love) and one other one has a great stub, but this one has never been a good writer. It's scratchy and just didn't write well so I sent it in. After a couple of weeks I emailed Sheaffer to check on the pen. I was told that the nib was shot, there was no iridium on the nib and it would cost me about $200 for a new nib. I explained that I'm out of work and couldn't afford to replace the nib and to please just send it back. A couple of days later, I got an email from Kathleen at Sheaffer, she told me that she found a medium nib that had been sent in for replacement. Nothing wrong with the nib, the customer just wanted a swap. She could offer me that nib for $90! I immediately jumped on it since the pen was basically worthless without a nib!

I just thought I'd share the story and give Sheaffer (and Kathleen) some kudos for great service!

Dave

historicink
July 20th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I love it when companies are human in the customer relations and go the extra mile in an empathetic way. A lot of people I am afraid would of not cared I am happy there are still people out there that really so a fantastic job it's the rolls royce service where the customers needs are put first based on the own situation and not in a uniform way. I love it

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2