PDA

View Full Version : Stallone's Montegrappa Chaos

jacksterp
July 20th, 2013, 07:18 PM
For those of you seeking fountain pens being used/featured in movies, am just watching the beginning of The Expendables 2 and approx. 17 minutes in Sly pulls out the infamous pen. It appears, at least from my point of view, as hideous in use as in photos.

Seems there is sort of a matching lighter that's just as gaudy and sinister.

ETA - sorry, it appears to be the roller ball version...

Jon Szanto
July 20th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Sly couldn't figure out how to fill the FP...

Jon Szanto
July 20th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Hadn't heard about the lighter, but you know there are dudes that want the watch...

Fawkes
July 20th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Sly is obsessed with skulls apparently as everything he designs is plastered with them. The Chaos pen is not my taste but its interesting to see Montegrappa releasing pens like these just because it seems they can and know someone will buy them.

john
July 21st, 2013, 03:04 AM
I can't stand this Montegrappa Chaos. It also comes with an ink well which is more expensive than the pen.

picautomaton
July 25th, 2013, 05:37 AM
I dig them - they call him sly for a reason.

snedwos
July 25th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I don't so much mind the inkwell...

Jeph
July 25th, 2013, 09:37 AM
I like the thought of that inkwell on my office desk filled with something like Diamine Oxblood.

Oh, you want my signature on what? OK, one second, let me just fill my pen.:shocked:

ardgedee
July 25th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Most of the kit is silly and looks like a costume jewelry designer trying their hand at using real materials. However, I like the inkwell -- it belongs on the desk of a shady character played by Peter Cushing in some old Hammer horror. But I wouldn't want one on my desk. It'd be too expensive to use and too massive to not use, and I'd probably just end up filling it with paperclips, stray coins and shopping receipts.

Titivillus
July 25th, 2013, 11:23 AM
The inkwell is a winner, the pen and watch aren't all that nice to my opinion.

Fawkes
July 25th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Voldemort would use the inkwell.

Tony Rex
July 25th, 2013, 05:16 PM
The true purpose of that inkwell is to store human growth hormone, testosterone, etc. How else can you walk about with a grandfather clock strapped to the wrist when you're as old as him?

john
July 25th, 2013, 07:55 PM
The ink well is not bad at all, but would you cough up 6 thousand plus for this? If I have that amount of money, I won't spend on such ink well.

AndyT
July 26th, 2013, 03:08 AM
The ink well is not bad at all, but would you cough up 6 thousand plus for this?

Ah, no. I'll wait for the Damien Hirst limited edition.

jacksterp
July 26th, 2013, 05:15 AM
I wonder what would happen if you put holy water in that ink well?

ardgedee
July 26th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Leak?

Penne Stilografiche
August 27th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Honestly, I like the pen and inkwell, but the watch, not so much.... If the inkwell and FP came as a set for $1500 or under, I would buy it. At $6000 for a sterling silver pen and $7000 for an inkwell, I think I will pass.

klpeabody
August 30th, 2013, 06:55 PM
The ink well is not bad at all, but would you cough up 6 thousand plus for this?

Ah, no. I'll wait for the Damien Hirst limited edition.

ooooh. that is pretty bada$$. =)
And funny.

oke
September 3rd, 2013, 10:33 PM
Well, when I was attempting to figure out what was the pen used by Tony Stark in Iron Man 3 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/3552-Tony-Stark-s-Metal-Pen-in-Iron-Man-3), I also got sidetracked by responses about pen sightings in other films, and someone mentioned the hideous Chaos. And that's how I found that Montegrappa wanted to share the vidcap with others: http://j.mp/MontegrappaChaos_Expendables2

And even if Sly had an affinity for their pens, I don't think they should've used him as a creative advisor to create their centennial and later editions... Just my pair o' Zinc Linc's, which won't even get ya an ounce of unleaded gasoline.

:cool: