PDA

View Full Version : some figures

Marsilius
July 20th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Here are a few more sketches from a while ago. Will get to some newer stuff anon. These were made with india ink and black watercolor wash. The paper turned a bit yellow over time, though the photos are a little darker than real life. Thanks for letting me share them, which is helping me get back to drawing again.

Spirits

Shades

Night

subramaniyam
July 20th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Wonderful. For some reason I absolutely adore 'Shades'- It has a serene feeling to it. It could make a lovely addition to an intellectual's reading area or study room.

Regards,
Sub

MisterBoll
July 20th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Wonderful. 'Spirits' is my fave.

cedargirl
July 20th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Very nice. Thank you.

TPC James
July 23rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Hello Marsilius,

Thanks for sharing - it's amazing what can be conveyed with a few simple (well placed) lines! Keep up the good work, I just wish I had a little more talent in this area.

James

Marsilius
July 23rd, 2013, 01:10 PM
Hello Marsilius,

Thanks for sharing - it's amazing what can be conveyed with a few simple (well placed) lines! Keep up the good work, I just wish I had a little more talent in this area.

James

Thank you! Actually, "a few simple lines" is a cool concept, and I believe that everybody has more talent than they realize. A lot can be said with the simplest stuff. James Thurber, for example, simply rocks. Charles M. Schulz, etc.
I sometimes do a ratty sketch in 30 seconds, then rework it carefully, and—you know what's next—everybody always likes the ratty sketch better, and I have to fight being grumpy . . . BTW, I come from a family of artists and simply have to ignore the fact that there is always someone else that can draw me under the table!

Honey Mustard
July 30th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Lovely expressive lines, Marsilius. Shades is my favorite of the group, but they're all wonderful.