PDA

View Full Version : Ink Review: Diamine Writer's Blood

Chrissy
March 6th, 2021, 02:04 AM
Today I'm reviewing Diamine Writer’s Blood ink. This is a Diamine ink colour chosen by r/fountainpens community on Reddit.

It’s a saturated, very dark, purplish/red ink. You may notice a slight green sheen edge with some pens on less absorbent papers but it's not a sheening ink.

It’s darker than the current purple/burgundy inks that I have. It’s a good alternative to Levenger Pomegranate if you liked that ink before it was discontinued. It’s also quite similar to Diamine Velvet Rose that is a Philippines exclusive ink.

It didn’t suffer from any hard starts or non-starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance.

It flowed and wrote wet in my pens and I really enjoyed writing with it. I really like this type of dark red.

Because it has wet flow, show-through and bleed-through can sometimes be a problem on cheaper papers. There was a little show-through on some of the papers I wrote on, although I could still have written on the reverse of them with no problem. Cheap Rhodia Bloc paper was the worst for show-through.

Flow Rate: Excellent. Wet.
Lubrication: Very smooth.
Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
Start-up: Immediate.
Saturation: Saturated ink.
Shading Potential: Some shading seen with finer nibs or drier writing pens.
Show-through/Bleed-through: Some show through and insignificant bleed through.
Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: A little seen occasionally.
Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
Staining (pen): Not seen after cleaning - easy clean-up with water.
Staining (hands): Cleaned off after one wash.
Clogging: Not seen in my pens. Probably pen dependent.
Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof but has some water resistance.
Availability: Available in 30ml plastic or 80ml glass bottles from Diamine Inks and many retailers worldwide.

mizgeorge
March 6th, 2021, 06:02 AM
Thank you so much Chrissy - I was hoping to see this one reviewed as I've been rather on the fence about it. I was worried it might be a bit brown from the descriptions I'd seen, but you've cleared that up perfectly!

In the cart...

Chrissy
March 6th, 2021, 07:35 AM
Thank you so much Chrissy - I was hoping to see this one reviewed as I've been rather on the fence about it. I was worried it might be a bit brown from the descriptions I'd seen, but you've cleared that up perfectly!

In the cart...
I also thought it looked a bit brown when I first saw it, but no, definitely purplish. Cult Pens Deep Dark Red is more brown.

Runnin_Ute
March 17th, 2021, 12:24 AM
Thanks!

I wondered how close it would be to Levenger Pomegranate. Which right from the beginning was one of my favorite inks. I am down to less than 10 ml left. I picked up a 80 ml bottle of this at Vanness over the weekend and it should arrive later this week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Chrissy
March 17th, 2021, 01:53 AM
You're welcome. :) It's the best replacement for Levenger Pomegranate that I've found. I've also always liked Louis Vuitton Rouge Libertin, another ink that's no longer available, and it's a good replacement. although a bit darker, than that ink.

Here are some dark reds/burgundies to compare:

Runnin_Ute
March 20th, 2021, 03:02 PM
Arrived a couple days ago. Here is a writi g sample comparison of Levenger Pomegranate, Diamine Writers Blood, Diamine Merlot along with Silver Fox and Majestic Blue (cart for Majestic Blue)https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210320/db467e17a17ada5a209db40773949c67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

penwash
March 20th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Today I'm reviewing Diamine Writer’s Blood ink. This is a Diamine ink colour chosen by r/fountainpens community on Reddit.

Thank you for highlighting this, Chrissy.

The "energy" that the r/fountainpens community have in abundance, has so far moved *three* inks into production for all to enjoy in the hobby. An neither of those inks are boring.

This one included.

Mık Joger
October 1st, 2022, 02:49 PM
Very interesting discussion. I love to read different writer's stories. This motivates me, because I am only improving my writing skills and still often use the services of this sourse https://www.bestdissertation.com/write-my-dissertation.html Reading about someone's experience makes me think that everything is possible, including writing with high quality.

junglejim
October 2nd, 2022, 09:17 PM
Spammer Reported

Herry
June 1st, 2023, 09:48 AM
The Best Ergonomic Gaming Chair comes with a high backrest, which provides excellent support to your back, neck, and shoulders. It also has a lumbar support cushion that can be adjusted to your liking. This cushion provides support to your lower back, which is essential for long gaming sessions. https://bestergonomicgamingchair.com/best-gaming-chair-with-footrest/