PDA

View Full Version : The Leonardo Pura Series. Stunning?

Rin Tin Pen
March 14th, 2021, 03:03 PM
What are your thoughts on this model in the various incarnations? The Figboot review (posted today) is very positive indeed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSPZRYzaQ8

mizgeorge
March 14th, 2021, 05:44 PM
I think the colours are pretty, and I also like the finish, but I definitely don't like the metal band at the end of the section. I think the price may be a bit too high, but knowing my level of resistance to temptation, and given that I'm very smitten with my first LOI pen, I'm pleased these are in the size that's just too big for me :)

Rin Tin Pen
March 15th, 2021, 11:26 AM
I think the colours are pretty, and I also like the finish, but I definitely don't like the metal band at the end of the section. I think the price may be a bit too high, but knowing my level of resistance to temptation, and given that I'm very smitten with my first LOI pen, I'm pleased these are in the size that's just too big for me :)

Interesting. The "anthracite with gold trim" version of this pen has several features that appeal to me (other than appearance):
1. piston filler (1.2 ml capacity)
2. sufficient size (girth and length)
3. #6 nib
4. step is unobtrusively placed so as not to interfere with holding the pen (generally I do not care at all for steps)
5. ebonite feed

Worth $300? Dunno, but Figboot essentially says the purchase of at least one of these pens is a no-brainer. Hmmm, maybe...

Rin Tin Pen
March 17th, 2021, 02:22 AM

Interesting. The "anthracite with gold trim" version of this pen has several features that appeal to me (other than appearance):
3. #6 nib
4. step is unobtrusively placed so as not to interfere with holding the pen (generally I do not care at all for steps)
5. ebonite feed

Worth $300? Dunno, but Figboot essentially says the purchase of at least one of these pens is a no-brainer. Hmmm, maybe...

As it turns out, he "piston filler" is not a piston, per se, but a converter. A "non-removable proprietary converter," in the case of the Grande series. Pretty sure this is a deal breaker for me.

See this LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vNq8uLop9I&t=729s)at about 7:35.

mizgeorge
March 17th, 2021, 07:08 AM

3. #6 nib
5. ebonite feed

As it turns out, he "piston filler" is not a piston, per se, but a converter. A "non-removable proprietary converter," in the case of the Grande series. Pretty sure this is a deal breaker for me.

See this LINK (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vNq8uLop9I&t=729s)at about 7:35.

I'm not sure that's the case with all the newer versions - my very recently purchased LE has a true piston mechanism, and I was told that the new Grande pens will have the same. The difference ink capacity is (from memory) 1.2 versus 1.5ml (which is still pretty puny) but looking at the pictures, and given the translucency of the material, I think the pura has a real piston rather than the 'fixed converter' on previous Grandes.

Lady Onogaro
March 17th, 2021, 10:31 AM
Doesn't do anything for me.

guyy
March 19th, 2021, 02:17 PM
Section trim ring?!

Next!

TSherbs
March 20th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Their cheapest looking version yet.