PDA

View Full Version : still searching for Esterbrook section

oldfarmroad
March 14th, 2021, 08:45 PM
I've scoured ebay and the internet searching for an Esterbrook model A section piece.
All I need is the section to complete repair on a really beautiful blue pen.
Does anyone on here know of any sources? TIA
Jim

Farmboy
March 14th, 2021, 10:49 PM
Send your barrel to Gary. He can find one that fits. If that fails check back with me.

oldfarmroad
March 15th, 2021, 06:37 AM
Send your barrel to Gary. He can find one that fits. If that fails check back with me.

Who/where is Gary?

FredRydr
March 15th, 2021, 09:27 AM
Send your barrel to Gary....
Is he a friend of Jack?

jbb
March 15th, 2021, 09:41 AM
What does an Esterbrook model A look like?

corgicoupe
March 15th, 2021, 02:53 PM

Who/where is Gary?

MidnightPens on Etsy

Jon Szanto
March 15th, 2021, 03:03 PM

Take a look at this thread (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/33690-esterbrook-model-A) for some background on this issue. Should help, I think.

jbb
March 15th, 2021, 03:16 PM

Take a look at this thread (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/33690-esterbrook-model-A) for some background on this issue. Should help, I think.

Is there a picture there that I missed? or is there no picture yet?

Ron Z
March 15th, 2021, 03:27 PM
It's nice to have the pen that the section is going to fit into. Some fit tighter or looser, depending on the pen even though Esterbrook is more consistent than some others parts sizes. Jam it in if it's a bit tight, and you might hear that quiet little "snick." :shocked:

Jon Szanto
March 15th, 2021, 03:57 PM
Is there a picture there that I missed? or is there no picture yet?

OP has not posted photo of their pen. Some of the ID was done at Brian Anderson's site, as in the first photo on this page (http://www.esterbrook.net/bah3.shtml).

pajaro
March 19th, 2021, 08:06 AM
Are Model A pens like J pens, and the section like a J section?

oldfarmroad
March 19th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Are Model A pens like J pens, and the section like a J section?

There is a great resource at "Esterbrook University" to explain history of these pens. Enjoy

pajaro
March 20th, 2021, 11:08 PM
I have J sections. Thanks for riddling.

Jon Szanto
March 20th, 2021, 11:26 PM
I have J sections. Thanks for riddling.

I don't know what Esterbrook University is, either. However, earlier in the thread someone asked the same question, and was pointed to the 3 "J" pages at Brian Anderson's esterbrook.net site. If you take a look there, I believe on the "$1.50" page, you'll see a group photo that contains at least on A model pen, and both visual and description indicate it is a narrower barrel, similar to the SJ and LJ (i.e. narrower than a standard J). The problem is, as Farmboy pointed out, there are variances in their manufacturing and the best solution is to get the barrel in the hands of someone who has a few spare parts and can do a good fitting.

I mean, no one is trying to be cute, and the OP's earlier thread is also referenced. Please look at post #7 above. The information, as best as any of us can provide it, has been posted.

carlos.q
March 21st, 2021, 09:33 AM
Esterbrook University refers to a series of very informative Youtube videos about this famous pen.