PDA

View Full Version : person, with pens.

manoeuver
January 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
hi all. guy in baltimore MD, been using fountain pens for almost 20 years, exclusively for the last 10 or so.

my first FP was a Waterman my dad gave me in hi school. I've had a bunch over the years including glass and bamboo dip pens. My everyday writers are a black Lamy Safari and my bruised and abused aluminum Al-Star. other mentionables are the parker 51 my folks gave me when I finished my degree (NOS, awesome!) and the Rotring I used to stab a home intruder. just kidding. I do have a couple rotrings though.

eriquito
January 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hey manoeuver!

How do you like the Lamy Safari? We're thinking of reviewing that pen.

=) Eric

manoeuver
January 11th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Hi Eric. I think the Safari is a good candidate for a review- it's affordable, durable and easy to find.

It's been my go-to everyday writer for a couple years- I've replaced it after losing it at least once.

It lives in my pocket and returns to me if I lose it (where somebody else doesn't find it, that is.) Once I dropped it on the floor of a friend's car. I found it almost a year later, took the cap off and it wrote! It's a faithful pen.

eriquito
January 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Nearly a year on the floor of a friend's car and then writes without a single complaint? That's a wonder pen!

We'll get the Safari in the review line-up post-haste.

Eric
Son of Ragnar