PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Internazionale Nib Removal/Compatibility

mcannad1
March 23rd, 2021, 11:13 AM
Has anyone removed the nib/feed on their internazionale? If so what is the best method, and how do the parts come out of the pen?

I'm thinking of trying to replace my Medium Nib with a Flex nib from the Aurora 88 Anniversary series. I believe the two are compatible, but just need to figure out how to break down the internationale to get the new nib installed.

Chrissy
March 23rd, 2021, 11:21 AM
Aurora 88 and Optima nibs screw out and are easily exchangeable. The newer Internazionale nibs screw out but the vintage version pulls out. (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/352632-aurora-internazionale/)

mcannad1
March 23rd, 2021, 11:24 AM
Any idea to tell which version you have? I have the Blue Lapis pen and bought it about 6 months ago from Goulet pens.

Chrissy
March 23rd, 2021, 01:14 PM
Any idea to tell which version you have? I have the Blue Lapis pen and bought it about 6 months ago from Goulet pens.
No idea but a vintage one would look completely different to a modern pen. The nibs wouldn't look anything like a modern 88 or Optima. I would do a Google search for pictures

mcannad1
March 23rd, 2021, 03:26 PM
Ah got it, I think I misunderstood the vintage part and was making the assumption that there was a difference in the modern and the vintage. Most helpful thank you!

FredRydr
March 27th, 2021, 09:33 AM
mcannad1, is your modern Internazionale filling system functionally the same as the modern Optima, with the same piston, reserve and ink view?

ASoultos
March 28th, 2021, 10:59 AM
mcannad1, is your modern Internazionale filling system functionally the same as the modern Optima, with the same piston, reserve and ink view?

The modern Internazionale do not have an ink view, otherwise functionally I believe they have the same piston as the 88 & Optima lines.

All three colors look fabulous by the way although I would personally favor the blue one.

If anybody is looking for them we have some pieces in stock (https://www.vtlshop.gr/en-gb/aurora)!