PDA

View Full Version : Left-Handers Day by the Left Handers Club: August 13th

fiberdrunk
July 23rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Left Handers Club has some fun posters (.pdf) you can print off free here (http://www.lefthandersday.com/posters.html) to help celebrate the day. They are located in the U.K. They are affiliated with Anything Lefthanded (http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/), a mail order company that specializes in left-handed pens and left-handed-friendly gadgets of all kinds. I'm not affiliated with them, though I have bought a few products to help teach my left-handed daughter how to write (I'm left-handed as well). Thought other lefties might enjoy a day just for them!

The Paranoid Nudnik
July 26th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Being left-handed and celebrating my birfdee on August 13th think I is going to have twice the fun.

Cheers peeps :crazy_pilot:

fiberdrunk
July 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Awesome!

Mags
July 28th, 2013, 09:13 AM
I found the web site and found there was a left handed folio with the pocket insert and pad for writing correctly placed for left handed writing not the backward supply of right handed products that have flooded the market place. The folio is great but the leather quality is poor ...not cheap but not an Italian leather is my point. There are some wonderful items for those of us right brain dominant.:crazy_pilot:

Annie
August 2nd, 2013, 12:26 AM
Tempted by some left handed scissors as this is about the only thing I find difficult about living in a right handed world.

Bogon07
August 7th, 2013, 12:02 AM
I'm only left-handed for writing and painting so normal scissors are not a problem but they feel almost unusable in my left hand.

Mags
August 7th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Left handed day is almost here everyone!

southpaw52
August 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
I'm very proud to be left handed, it adds to my uniqueness. Yes there daily challenges to being left handed.
When I first looked at pens, I went a pen retail store. I picked up a display fountain pen to try it out. The clerk noticing I was left handed, explained to me "that fountain pens were not made to be used by left hand writers. A rollerball would be the proper choice" Needless to say I walked out. I now buy everything on line.

mmahany
August 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/mmahany/20130809_154306-1_zps47335186.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/mmahany/media/20130809_154306-1_zps47335186.jpg.html)

fiberdrunk
August 10th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I'm very proud to be left handed, it adds to my uniqueness. Yes there daily challenges to being left handed.
When I first looked at pens, I went a pen retail store. I picked up a display fountain pen to try it out. The clerk noticing I was left handed, explained to me "that fountain pens were not made to be used by left hand writers. A rollerball would be the proper choice" Needless to say I walked out. I now buy everything on line.

Aaack! Isn't that annoying? I used to take calligraphy classes, and the right-handed teacher of one of them told me I'd have to learn how to write upside-down. Aaargh! I'm a hook-over lefty and managed to keep the paper straight in front of me just fine. Yes, I do "push" the nib, but I manage ok, especially with uncial and foundational hands.

Mod_wolves
August 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Left handed and I enjoy being left handed. I find it unusual tho when people are so shocked to see some one who is left handed tho. My dad has always told me that all left handed people should be killed from birth as we are a drain on resources. I know he is joking...sadly the other people in the conversations don't.

Petergly
August 11th, 2013, 06:59 AM
I'm left-handed too & proud of it. Both my parents were left handed too, and both were beaten at school until they switched writing hands. Thankfully times have changed since.

Bogon07
August 11th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I'm left-handed too & proud of it. Both my parents were left handed too, and both were beaten at school until they switched writing hands. Thankfully times have changed since.

Long ago in kindergarten there were two of us left-handers where it was suggested we switch hands but we were more determined than the teachers.

fiberdrunk
August 13th, 2013, 01:38 PM

Show off your southpaw scratch boldly and proudly today! (And you righties, feel free to write with your left hands today!)

fiberdrunk
August 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Left handed and I enjoy being left handed. I find it unusual tho when people are so shocked to see some one who is left handed tho. My dad has always told me that all left handed people should be killed from birth as we are a drain on resources. I know he is joking...sadly the other people in the conversations don't.

:pound:

fiberdrunk
August 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b186/mmahany/20130809_154306-1_zps47335186.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/mmahany/media/20130809_154306-1_zps47335186.jpg.html)

Hurray for southpaw smudges!!

mmahany
August 13th, 2013, 01:43 PM

I had $100k worth of college expenses paid for (college baseball scholarship) largely due to being left handed. The joys of being a left handed power hitter.

If I have a son someday I will teach him to hit left handed.

fiberdrunk
August 13th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Being lefty does have some advantages. I did fencing in college and had a definite advantage in that sport.

Newjelan
August 31st, 2013, 12:14 AM
I'm only left-handed for writing and painting so normal scissors are not a problem but they feel almost unusable in my left hand.

Me too... I write left handed and naturally prefer my left hand. However, I am fairly ambidextrous and can do most things with either hand but I can't use scissors in my left hand at all.