PDA

View Full Version : 'The writer nobody reads'

An old bloke
April 5th, 2021, 04:33 PM
I have an associate who lives in the USA, who calls himself 'the writer nobody reads'. He writes a blog ( https://oplrivblog.wordpress.com/ ) for a Catholic Lay Dominican group to which he belongs. His blogs are indeed faith-related but not overtly so. They could be best defined as reflections influenced by his faith and an appreciation of Chesterton -- an appreciation we share.

Some here might be interested in stopping by the blog site and having a read. I know that he would appreciate knowing that someone is actually reading his work.

mizgeorge
April 5th, 2021, 06:00 PM
He writes well. I also enjoy Chesterton, even though I don't share his faith.

My daughter is at a Catholic school, and I've passed on the link to a couple of her teachers, who I think might find it interesting as well.

An old bloke
April 5th, 2021, 09:12 PM
He writes well. I also enjoy Chesterton, even though I don't share his faith.

My daughter is at a Catholic school, and I've passed on the link to a couple of her teachers, who I think might find it interesting as well.

Ta. I'm sure Paddy will appreciate it.

Chuck Naill
April 6th, 2021, 04:44 AM
Ah Father Brown...love it. Found this exchange: " On another occasion he remarked to his friend George Bernard Shaw, "To look at you, anyone would think a famine had struck England." Shaw retorted, "To look at you, anyone would think you had caused it."