PDA

View Full Version : My final Grail Pens

TFarnon
April 6th, 2021, 11:23 AM
At least until I find more things I can't live without.

Parker, all of them:

Parker Lucky Curve True Blue, any vintage version. Just not the modern one.

Parker Duofold Pastel, in Magenta and/or Lilac.

Not ambered, not in poor condition, not project pens.

Jon Szanto
April 6th, 2021, 12:30 PM
For once someone actually uses the term Grail in an appropriate manner. I wish you good fortune on what is admittedly a very difficult hunt.

adhoc
April 6th, 2021, 03:17 PM
For once someone actually uses the term Grail in an appropriate manner. I wish you good fortune on what is admittedly a very difficult hunt.

Have you seen the term misused outside of reddit? There it has really lost meaning entirely. I've seen a standard vanishing point refered to as grail pen there.

Jon Szanto
April 6th, 2021, 03:19 PM
Have you seen the term misused outside of reddit?

In a word, yes.

FredRydr
April 6th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Have you seen the term misused outside of reddit?

In a word, yes.
How about a minty vintage grail?

Empty_of_Clouds
April 6th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Anything can be a grail to someone, and, at least theoretically, should represent the culmination of a singular search. Can you imagine if Sir Perceval found the Holy Grail, gave a whoop, put it one side thinking it's not shiny enough, and then set off in search of other grails? :)

adhoc
April 7th, 2021, 06:28 AM
I guess it's open to interpretation, but anything standard off the shelf can't be grail in my opinion. Grail pen as a term shouldn't be tied to the financial aspect of obtaining it. Can you imagine Sir Perceval buying the Holy Grail from the nearby market stall, and replacing the search with working until he could afford it?

"John behind the cow dung stall sells holy grails. He has 75 in stock at the moment. Bundle discounts are possible, depending on how holy you want your purchase to be."

eachan
April 7th, 2021, 07:11 AM
Going on what I see here, grail pens cease being grail pens after about a fortnight of ownership, then the search goes on.

FredRydr
April 7th, 2021, 07:27 AM
Going on what I see here, grail pens cease being grail pens after about a fortnight of ownership, then the search goes on.
:tea:

Chuck Naill
April 7th, 2021, 05:38 PM
It was a cup. Thats the meaning. :focus: