PDA

View Full Version : W.A. Sheaffer Pen Company executive benefits

FredRydr
April 8th, 2021, 10:53 AM
I picked up a pile of postcards at a pen show that depict the W.A. Sheaffer Pen Company's favorite means of transport. I wonder where it fit in their business expense tax planning?

Yacht WASP II
Length 71'-4". Beam 16'-1". Draft 5'-6" Cruising speed 10 knots. W.A. Sheaffer Pen Company

although
May 9th, 2021, 06:14 PM
I actually spent some time trying to find out more about this vessel. I was able to learn some details and specs, but I wasn't able to find out its fate. I wonder if it's still around? It's a good looking boat, and made by a rather famous yacht builder. I would like to think that it is still around :)

Wile E Coyote
May 9th, 2021, 07:09 PM
I actually spent some time trying to find out more about this vessel. I was able to learn some details and specs, but I wasn't able to find out its fate. I wonder if it's still around? It's a good looking boat, and made by a rather famous yacht builder. I would like to think that it is still around :)

She might still be around. The Feadship site lists her current name as Hilda V. Did you ask the shipbuilder?

guyy
May 9th, 2021, 07:19 PM
I imagine Sheaffer delivering orders by boat to Dubuque, LaCrosse, Red Wing, Minneapolis and south to St Louis, Memphis and beyond.

Just my imagination running away with me; Ft Madison is on some major railways, too.

BayesianPrior
May 9th, 2021, 07:45 PM
I'm imagining one of the more lascivious scenes from Mad Men.