PDA

View Full Version : Visconti Power Filler Inkwell

writingrav
July 23rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
Does any one know if you can use this with any piston or cartridge converter pen other than a Visconti?
Thanks
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

00Photo
July 23rd, 2013, 10:06 PM
Are you talking about the traveling inkwell? If so then yes, I use one for my Montblanc 149 and the shape of the rubber seal tapers down pretty small. I'm guessing there would be quite a few pens it would be compatible with.

Tracy Lee
July 24th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Ah, okay, traveling inkpot, yes. SBRE Brown has good videos on how to use one, and talks about how they will work with other brands just fine. I haven't tried other pens in mine, but the fit is so snug that any pen with a reasonable sized section would go in and create the seal necessary to avoid spills.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

writingrav
July 24th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Thanks all. It looks like it would work. I'll check out Stephen's videos. I knew I could count on you all especially Tracy

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mags
July 28th, 2013, 09:40 AM
The travelling ink well for power fillers is something that can be used with the twsbi vac power fillers and of course most pens of similar barrel size quite well. You have to have an ink you like in use and of course each and every pen need to be filled in the same colour but yes it works quite well.

Robert
July 28th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I have two Visconti traveling ink pots and enjoy them very much. This device works great on piston fillers, lever fillers and converters. It makes use of gravity to help fill the pen with ink and provides a more complete fill than conventional filling from an ink bottle.

I haven't worked up the courage to try it on my Visconti HS Bronze and Wall Street power fillers yet (I have visions of the ink pot "lifting off" as I work the plunger: may or may not actually be a problem). And I haven't tried it with my Omas 360, as I am concerned that the triangular shape of the pen might not permit an adequate seal.

reprieve
July 28th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I haven't worked up the courage to try it on my Visconti HS Bronze and Wall Street power fillers yet (I have visions of the ink pot "lifting off" as I work the plunger: may or may not actually be a problem).

The inkpots work very well with Visconti power fillers, but do make sure you have a firm grip on the pen as you deploy the plunger to fill--else it will indeed "lift off" and create quite the mess!!!

I recommend practicing with water first 'til you get the hang of it.

00Photo
July 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I haven't worked up the courage to try it on my Visconti HS Bronze and Wall Street power fillers yet (I have visions of the ink pot "lifting off" as I work the plunger: may or may not actually be a problem).

The inkpots work very well with Visconti power fillers, but do make sure you have a firm grip on the pen as you deploy the plunger to fill--else it will indeed "lift off" and create quite the mess!!!

I recommend practicing with water first 'til you get the hang of it.

HAHAHA no doubt. I wound up with a red fist after letting my concentration falter during a refill.

Mags
July 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Pretty sure when I tried to consider the Omas 360 and the ink pot it was not a seal but the nib does fit in so if the ink is fairly full you can draw up some ink. I don't use my 360 too often though.