PDA

View Full Version : fountain pens and foreign scripts

ndw76
July 24th, 2013, 07:16 AM
4119My daughter is getting closer to school age and she is going to be learning Thai and English. English is no problem for me, but I want to try to keep up with her in Thai. I already speak a bit of Thai so now I am concentrating on reading and writing. I know that starting now I am getting a Head start, but I'm going to need it.

Marsilius
July 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Very nice. It can also be fun and liberating to write in scripts that are not one's own!

Tracy Lee
July 24th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Agree with this a lot. Russian is a different alphabet from print to cursive, really a brain teaser. I studied it a bit in college and enjoyed writing it more than speaking.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

manoeuver
July 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Agree with this a lot. Russian is a different alphabet from print to cursive, really a brain teaser. I studied it a bit in college and enjoyed writing it more than speaking.

heh. I got my BA in Russian. My cyrillic handwriting was way better than my english for my tenure at school.

Tracy Lee
July 24th, 2013, 04:45 PM

heh. I got my BA in Russian. My cyrillic handwriting was way better than my english for my tenure at school.

Awesome. I've wanted to get back to it but haven't.

cedargirl
July 25th, 2013, 12:29 AM
My daughter is getting closer to school age and she is going to be learning Thai and English. English is no problem for me, but I want to try to keep up with her in Thai. I already speak a bit of Thai so now I am concentrating on reading and writing. I know that starting now I am getting a Head start, but I'm going to need it.

You're right, it's amazing how quickly kids can pick up languages at that age. And that script looks hard. Good luck!