PDA

View Full Version : Correspondents

fncll
July 24th, 2013, 10:05 AM
The only forum I see about letter writing here seems to be centered around a particular month's activities, so I thought I'd mention here that I am interested in picking up a few new people to correspond with. Unfortunately, my experience is that the number of people who say they want to write and ask for an address is significantly greater than the number who actually do!

I'm not looking for love, someone to stalk, or someone to be stalked by.

I am interested in (among other things): origami, book arts, beautiful words, lists and listography, rehabilitation of the semicolon and the ellipse, guilty music pleasures, Shakespeare, Montaigne, British mysteries in print and on television, reading and writing poetry, post-human and other hard scifi, and of course pens, paper, and ink.

I'll even debate the Oxford Comma if desired. I still can't decide.

Let me know if you're interested. I just enjoy what I guess would now be called the "slow talk" movement.

Jon Szanto
July 24th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I just enjoy what I guess would now be called the "slow talk" movement.
That's a lovely turn of phrase. Unfortunately, I would be a terrible candidate, but I wish you well in gathering other like-minded writing acquaintances.

KrazyIvan
July 24th, 2013, 10:45 AM
The InCoWriMo is not just for February. We extended it and and some just started calling it InCoWri. The February event is when we pledge to write at least one letter every day of the month. I reply to all letters received. ;)

writingrav
July 24th, 2013, 10:54 AM
PM sent

AndyT
July 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Another PM sent.

Pendragon
July 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM
The InCoWriMo is not just for February. We extended it and and some just started calling it InCoWri. The February event is when we pledge to write at least one letter every day of the month. I reply to all letters received. ;)

Then why not rename the InCoWriMo sub-forum to Correspondents? InCoWriMo could be specifically addressed using threads and stickies within the Correspondents forum.

cedargirl
July 25th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Hi fncll

When some of us decided to keep the InCoWriMo momentum up all year round, a new thread was started called "InCo Pen Pals" here - http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1824-InCo-Pen-Pals?p=39563#post39563

It is a Sticky in the InCoWriMo forum. I suggest you add your name there too - and you can find many other names (and addresses, in some cases) of people who communicate slowly!

fncll
July 29th, 2013, 09:53 AM

Thanks! I'll browse around in there. If you want to PM with your address I'll test out your pledge :blink:

caribbean_skye
July 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I reply to all letters sent, however due to real life encroaching into my writing time, my responses have ground to a halt. If you do write to me, you will get a response back but unfortunately until things are more settled responses will be trickling out. :(

I wish you well and much success in finding someone/s to correspond with :)

gweddig
July 30th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I'm not looking for love, someone to stalk, someone to be stalked by, and debate the Oxford Comma.

Is there a thread for this stuff? :-\

fncll
July 31st, 2013, 08:56 AM
I'm not looking for love, someone to stalk, someone to be stalked by, and debate the Oxford Comma.

Is there a thread for this stuff? :-\

For the stalking or the comma? Or both?

woosang
August 21st, 2013, 12:50 AM
I reply to all letters sent to me. My turn around is about a month as I get busy but I do reply :-) address in the Inco pals thread :-)

Farmboy
August 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM
I just enjoy what I guess would now be called the "slow talk" movement.
That's a lovely turn of phrase. Unfortunately, I would be a terrible candidate, but I wish you well in gathering other like-minded writing acquaintances.

The only forum I see about letter writing here seems to be centered around a particular month's activities, so I thought I'd mention here that I am interested in picking up a few new people to correspond with. Unfortunately, my experience is that the number of people who say they want to write and ask for an address is significantly greater than the number who actually do!

I'm not looking for love, someone to stalk, or someone to be stalked by.

I am interested in (among other things): origami, book arts, beautiful words, lists and listography, rehabilitation of the semicolon and the ellipse, guilty music pleasures, Shakespeare, Montaigne, British mysteries in print and on television, reading and writing poetry, post-human and other hard scifi, and of course pens, paper, and ink.

I'll even debate the Oxford Comma if desired. I still can't decide.

Let me know if you're interested. I just enjoy what I guess would now be called the "slow talk" movement.

Jon,

NOTE text in bold...You are close. So close but not there.

Long live obscure punctuation.

Jon Szanto
August 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM
But...

Farmboy
August 21st, 2013, 11:00 PM
But...

True, so true.

Mags
August 22nd, 2013, 02:08 AM
I am seeking a pen pal to correspond with in french. please private message me if you are fluent in french and prepared to accept letters in french and correspond to help me improve my letter writing and equally importantly my french fluency.

Mags sent from my blackberry playbook using tapatalks

Feardorcha
August 25th, 2013, 01:27 PM
PM sent