PDA

View Full Version : Have an hour to spare? Montblanc's Video of nib manufacturing

Nexus
April 27th, 2021, 12:35 PM
Just saw this come up. Video starts in at around the 2 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE8DM8zkkXE

guyy
April 27th, 2021, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the link.

That sig seems rather Other-Place-centric for FPG.

Chrissy
April 27th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Excellent video. Thank you for sharing. :)

adhoc
April 28th, 2021, 01:06 PM
Thanks. I enjoyed the video, but damn there's A LOT of marketing bullshit in there. Ermagerd, Montblanc is using the latest newest technologies such as LASER ENGRAVING. And did you know that Montblanc is SO concerned with the longevity of your pen that they use iridium tipping?! Ermagerd, noone else does this. And ermagerd, the stamping tool must be reversed to what you want stamped, so this is an ART FORM IN AND OF ITSELF.

God I'm fed up with these marketing figureheads that know pretty much nothing, their only value is that they're not embarrased by the bullshit they spew out.

But, taking a peek at behind the curtains has been enioyable. I would probably recommend muting the video though.

Edit: "the writing room is separate from the production" - you can literally see the guy standing 2 meters behind the guy that says this, and he says he's in the writing room xD it's unbelievable how much bullshit these 3 manage to say in just an hour

Detman101
April 29th, 2021, 02:33 PM
Hahaha...their videos are as overblown as their pens.
:haha:

adhoc
April 29th, 2021, 03:01 PM
Hahaha...their videos are as overblown as their pens.
:haha:

"Our inks are...erm surface tension...uh made to fit surface of ink feeder...ah so use our inks...and viscosity!"
- sell inks wildly all over the place in terms of viscosity and performance

"If the pen doesn't write to absolute perfection, it's not deserving of a Montblanc name"
- I have NEVER received a MB pen that wrote well out of the box, I ALWAYS have to send it back. Not even Pelikan, who has absolute garbage QC, has performed as poorly as MB for me

"Nowadays we use uh special resin for ink feeder because it gives us better control for ink flow"
- Everyone unanimously agrees ebonite ink feeders were better and special resin is just bullshit speak for plastic

rickap
April 29th, 2021, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the link Nexus. I enjoyed the video and am looking forward to the one on bespoke nibs.

Thanks,
Rick

Mık Joger
March 22nd, 2023, 03:13 PM
Cool video. I appreciated its informativeness and vivid shots. I know what I'm talking about because I'm creating nature video (https://depositphotos.com/stock-footage/nature.html) I like to shoot and edit and I know a lot about it. Your video deserves the highest rating.